Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MY FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL IS BEING DENIED!

Don't let the government fool you!  Not all birth control methods are considered equal.  This year since there is a "war on woman" the policy needs to change.  My health insurance will not pay for my Natural Family Planning.  They tell me because it is coded educational.  When you take birth control, have an IUD or the patch, doesn't the doctor educate you on the product?  Doing Natural Family Planning has the same result of birth control pills and it should be covered.  My religious liberty comes into to play.  I am being discriminated against!  All forms of birth control should be covered or none at all!  How many Natural Family Planning families are out there that have this same problem?  Would love to hear from you. 

Re-editing do to some comments.  Natural Family Planning - the Creighton method this is how it works.  It doesn't tell you when your period ends (how silly).  It tells you when the best days are to conceived if you want a baby and the days not to have sex if you don't want a baby.  You sit down with a nurse and they give you instructions on the method.  By using this method, I found out that I had fertility problems.  Which this methods help to diagnose. I have been diagnosed with ovarian dysfunction.

I simplified the method too much.  This is complicated and can't be done on an app!  The nurse teaches you how to identify your sensation after you wipe.  the charting has about 10 different ways you can chart.  They use soft - s for sensation, o- obersvation - ft - for finger test.  You can have peak type mucus or non-peak type mucus.  If you have mucus you are fertile.  The charting is harder for people with abnormal cycles and for menapausal women.  Sometimes you can't read your observations correctly. It is not as easy as some of you are trying to make it out to be.

People keep posting they haven't ever had to pay.  You do, you just don't know about it.  You have to have your employer buy a more expensive plan.  I am quoting my insurance company. As far as insurance goes, yes depending on your insurance sometimes it is covered.  Mine used to be. The basic first tier insurance that your company chooses to save money only covers pills, IUD, patches. If you want this kind of coverage, your company has to pay a higher premium and go to the next tier.  This is what I am saying that is unfair.  All forms of birth control should be on the basic first tier and covered.

I am speaking to politicans about this and tyring to see how many women are having this problem.  In the St. Louis area there are 30% of women.  The other 70% that are covered should not have to pay a higher premium for this either. I am doing this as research.  The NFP office is trying to change the laws on this. The government assigns the Revenue billing code.  That code is what is preventing my coverage.  I have no control on that code and neither do the doctors.

This site I thought, was for other moms to help one another.  Not bash them.  I don't get the belittling.  Just because I think something you wrote is dumb and you are misinformed I would never come out and say that.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Your husband's Viagra is covered...therefore your natural family planning is covered. What else do you need? Want it to pay for the red wine too? :)

Aslen
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Did your doctor's office try and do a prior authorization?


Quoting Citygirlk:

She is right though not all types of bc are being covered i just had to switch from an iud to pills for medical reasons and had to pay over $70 for it. When i asked my insurance company why they said because they dont have to pay full price until 2014. But hey at least i saved 16 bucks right.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Well if RR gets elected I guess you will be stuck with that $70 fee indefinitely:(

Quoting Citygirlk:

She is right though not all types of bc are being covered i just had to switch from an iud to pills for medical reasons and had to pay over $70 for it. When i asked my insurance company why they said because they dont have to pay full price until 2014. But hey at least i saved 16 bucks right.


New World Peace

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

lol

I don't get it.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Some hospitals and other health centers offer nfp classes which can be very helpful in order to make sure you have as accurate of information as possible so that the method will be as effective as possible. Maybe she means the cost of the classes aren't covered.


That sucks if its true. Nfp is a great option for birth control. 100 percent natural, as effective as pumping your body full of chemicles or putting a barrier between you and your partner, and respects the dignity of womanhood and fertility.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Um, natural family planning doesn't require any medical coverage.  I practiced it religiously for 2 years and kept from getting pregnant.  I used for 3 months before my daughter to keep from getting pregnant before getting some test results back, and then got pregnant the first month we decided to start trying again.

blessingsofmany
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM

 

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Say what now?

Re-editing do to some comments. Natural Family Planning - the Creighton method this is how it works. It doesn't tell you when your period ends (how silly). It tells you when the best days are to conceived if you want a baby and the days not to have sex if you don't want a baby. You sit down with a nurse and they give you instructions on the method. By using this method, I found out that I had fertility problems. Which this methods help to diagnose. I have been diagnosed with ovarian dysfunction.

As far as insurance goes, yes depending on your insurance sometimes it is covered. Mine used to be. The basic first tier insurance that your company chooses to save money only covers pills, IUD, patches. If you want this kind of coverage, your company has to pay a higher premium and go to the next tier. This is what I am saying that is unfair. All forms of birth control should be on the basic first tier and covered.

I am speaking to politicans about this and tyring to see how many women are having this problem. In the St. Louis area there are 30% of women. The other 70% should not have to pay a higher premium for this either. I am doing this as research.

This site I thought, was for other moms to help one another. Not bash them. I don't get the belittling. Just because I think something you wrote is dumb and you are misinformed I would never come out and say that.

 

MommyBoha
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM
huh? NFP is free. We use it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessingsofmany
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Re-editing do to some comments. Natural Family Planning - the Creighton method this is how it works. It doesn't tell you when your period ends (how silly). It tells you when the best days are to conceived if you want a baby and the days not to have sex if you don't want a baby. You sit down with a nurse and they give you instructions on the method. By using this method, I found out that I had fertility problems. Which this methods help to diagnose. I have been diagnosed with ovarian dysfunction.

As far as insurance goes, yes depending on your insurance sometimes it is covered. Mine used to be. The basic first tier insurance that your company chooses to save money only covers pills, IUD, patches. If you want this kind of coverage, your company has to pay a higher premium and go to the next tier. This is what I am saying that is unfair. All forms of birth control should be on the basic first tier and covered.

I am speaking to politicans about this and tyring to see how many women are having this problem. In the St. Louis area there are 30% of women. The other 70% should not have to pay a higher premium for this either. I am doing this as research.

This site I thought, was for other moms to help one another. Not bash them. I don't get the belittling. Just because I think something you wrote is dumb and you are misinformed I would never come out and say that.

blessingsofmany
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM


Quoting NWP:

Your husband's Viagra is covered...therefore your natural family planning is covered. What else do you need? Want it to pay for the red wine too? :)


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN