Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Take a stand and get off the fence

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM
  • 143 Replies
5 moms liked this
I am so tired of us Christians who won't take a stand about anything because it my offend someone or judge someone. Let wrong be wrong and right be right. We are so worried about offending others we are leading are children straight to hell. The Bible is very clear on social issues because its all social issues. The two greatest commands are love God and love others. Sin is social. The Bible talks about how sin affects each other, social context. Tithing is how you show your self socially monetarily toward the church, giving to the poor, socially toward each other, fornicationa and adultery are about how we interact socially and bring about calamity to one another when practiced, You can love others and condemn their sin and you can show love by being truthful and upfront about what God says. It is a diservice to others to allow them to walk unchecked in a sinful lifestyle and the Bible says that when we do that we are actually showing hate not love. Stand for something and quit falling for anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Fornication is a sin?

I think there isn't any other way of getting all that procreating done...

gsprofval
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:16 AM
3 moms liked this

for·ni·ca·tion   (fôrn-kshn)

n.
Sexual intercourse between partners who are not married to each other.
Word History: The word fornication had a lowly beginning suitable to what has long been the low moral status of the act to which it refers. The Latin word fornix, from whichfornicti, the ancestor of fornication, is derived, meant "a vault, an arch." The term also referred to a vaulted cellar or similar place where prostitutes plied their trade. This sense of fornix in Late Latin yielded the verb fornicr, "to commit fornication," from which is derived fornicti, "whoredom, fornication." Our word is first recorded in Middle English about 1303.
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:56 AM
11 moms liked this
"People are watching the way we act much more than they are listening to the words we say. " ~Max Lucado~

Verbally or non-verbally condemning others is a sure way to have them turn away from you and your beliefs. Be the example you want to see. If they are open to your way of seeing things, they will come to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM
4 moms liked this
This. Very nicely said. If someone chooses to 'live in sin' then it's on them. If they are meant to walk a Christian path, they will find their way there eventually & repent their sins & accept Christ. For those who are meant to walk a Christian path, no amount of 'preaching', 'shaming' or 'calling out for their sin' is going to change that. In fact, it'll have the opposite effect & drive them away forever.

Quoting rfurlongg:

"People are watching the way we act much more than they are listening to the words we say. " ~Max Lucado~

Verbally or non-verbally condemning others is a sure way to have them turn away from you and you beliefs. Be the example you want to see. If they are open to your way of seeing things, they will come to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM
8 moms liked this
You must be new here.
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Okee dokee. 

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
13 moms liked this

So I should listen to you, and be rude to people in my attempts to bring them to God, instead of listening to Jesus, who told us to do so in a loving way?

Nah, I think I'll stick with Christ on this one 

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
8 moms liked this

I am not my brothers keeper and the way that I believe I can reach non believers is by sharing the light and love my relationship with Christ brings me. I try hard to stand, to put forth Godly values in my life and my words though I am aware at times I dont make the mark.

Our job as Christians is to be sure that the Gospel is known and I bet there isnt a nonbeliever here who doesnt know the gospel, they reject it and that is their choice, clubbing them over the head will not help.  Living with the love of Christ in your heart may.

I am not to stand in judgement over anyone, not my job, I dont have devine vision and cannot see the desires of their hearts, neither can you.

I am aware of the plank in my own eye.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I would use the word choose rather than meant to but otherwise I agree.

Quoting punky3175:

This. Very nicely said. If someone chooses to 'live in sin' then it's on them. If they are meant to walk a Christian path, they will find their way there eventually & repent their sins & accept Christ. For those who are meant to walk a Christian path, no amount of 'preaching', 'shaming' or 'calling out for their sin' is going to change that. In fact, it'll have the opposite effect & drive them away forever.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Verbally or non-verbally condemning others is a sure way to have them turn away from you and you beliefs. Be the example you want to see. If they are open to your way of seeing things, they will come to you.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

krysstizzle
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Blech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN