Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do these buttons bother you?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/05/Racism-Alert-Vote-Black-Buttons-At-the-DNC

Racism Alert: 'Vote Black' Buttons At The DNC

Print ArticleSend a Tip
5 Sep 2012234post a comment

One of my favorite things about conventions -- either party -- are the enthusiastic sartorial choices of many delegates. This year's DNC was no different, except for these pins:

Is this a progressive attempt to be humorous? You can never tell, with these people. They're up in arms simply because Erick Erickson cracked wise over the incessant pitches for free birth control due to sexual recreation, so you never know. (They're ignoring that I reTweeted it so they can say it's sexist.) I'm going to take them at their word and assume that they only want black Americans for president now.

According to the Progressive Guidebook to Political Correctness, this constitutes Racismâ„¢. Salon's Joan Walsh will be pulling out her dog whistle any moment now, surely.

ETA: http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/17464383/White_Back_In_The_White_House_T_Shirt_At_Ohio_Campaign_Event_PHOTO

A s/o, of sorts.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (61-65):
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I agree.

Quoting paganbaby:

I guess because I've never been offended by the button phrase. It's kinda funny but the t shirt has more of the, "I hate Dem Neegers!" vibe to it. *Shrugs*

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

I guess because I've never been offended by the button phrase. It's kinda funny but the t shirt has more of the, "I hate Dem Neegers!" vibe to it. *Shrugs*

Meh, I don't partuclarly care about either, either...but I do think both draw attention to color where color ought not matter.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Only racist people wear those shirts. Most people are more upset about the color of Obama skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Quoting hopealways4019:

Only racist people wear those shirts. Most people are more upset about the color of Obama skin.

Are the ppl who wear the buttons also racist?

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM
No, they just happy to see black in the white house, because probably wont never in this lifetime, see another black man in white house. Enjoying it while it last. But personally the person occupying the white house should be righteous. Which most polictians aint.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Are the ppl who wear the buttons also racist?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured