Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do these buttons bother you?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/05/Racism-Alert-Vote-Black-Buttons-At-the-DNC

Racism Alert: 'Vote Black' Buttons At The DNC

Print ArticleSend a Tip
5 Sep 2012234post a comment

One of my favorite things about conventions -- either party -- are the enthusiastic sartorial choices of many delegates. This year's DNC was no different, except for these pins:

Is this a progressive attempt to be humorous? You can never tell, with these people. They're up in arms simply because Erick Erickson cracked wise over the incessant pitches for free birth control due to sexual recreation, so you never know. (They're ignoring that I reTweeted it so they can say it's sexist.) I'm going to take them at their word and assume that they only want black Americans for president now.

According to the Progressive Guidebook to Political Correctness, this constitutes Racism™. Salon's Joan Walsh will be pulling out her dog whistle any moment now, surely.

ETA: http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/17464383/White_Back_In_The_White_House_T_Shirt_At_Ohio_Campaign_Event_PHOTO

A s/o, of sorts.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bump

clp0930
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it bothers me. If you're voting for Obama simply becase he is black or Romney simply becase he is white, stay home eletion day and read a book or newspaper.

Numom61507
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

You had me at "tats". 

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

They are both disgusting. I want a president that will fix this economy. He can be of Indian decent with a pierced tongue and tats.

OttawaHoney
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:56 AM
Why?

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Quoting shadenn766:

no...i've seen worse, and besides that they all do it...this was worn at a romney meeting/rally

antiobama racism

I would wear this shirt

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:50 AM

I agree.  Obama is not our 1st Black President, like what we keep hearing.  He is bi-racial, half black/half white.  I'm tired of hearing that we have our 1st Black American President & am sick and tired of hearing that.  Those buttons that speak about keeping a Black President in & putting a White President back in office, is quite disgusting to me.  I'm so tired of all this racial bs.  I wish people would go by the job of a  President, instead of the color of their skin.

Quoting NiCo86:

I wish people would stop this ... I have several issues with this ...

it's okay for Obama's supporters to use Obama's race as an excuse/reason, but it's not okay for anybody against Obama (I personally don't view race as an issue at all, honestly, what does him being black have to do with anything?)

Obama is not the first black president. As a matter of fact, he's the first multi-racial president, as his mother was white and his father black.

race should not be a factor AT ALL when it comes to ... well ... ANYTHING!!!! Besides, "once you go black" blah blah blah is a sexually suggestive terminology ... so they are being racist and sexual

I wish that all parties involved in an election would grow up, focus on the issues, and tell us why THEY are better for the job, not why others are BAD for the job!

LifeIsForLOLZ
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Yup both sides are as bad as eachother...

Quoting shadenn766:

no...i've seen worse, and besides that they all do it...this was worn at a romney meeting/rally

antiobama racism

Coconutty4Hubby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

? Why not?

becuase I don't get offended like almost everyone else in the world.  Because I find this shirt humorous.  Because I am voting for Romney.  

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Why?

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Quoting shadenn766:

antiobama racism

I would wear this shirt

rotPferd
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I, like another pp, really just don't care what ppl wear. As long as folks keep giving cudos to shock value about what someone else wears, ppl will keep doing it. Racism is here to stay and pitchin a fit about it won't change minds/opinions.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Have you read any of the post before yours?

I don't think anyone was supporting Racism for Obama's Supporters. Actually what people were saying is it is disgusting for either side to use it.

There are racist people in all colors. Just because oneside has racist doesn't mean everyone is racist on that side.

Quoting NiCo86:

I wish people would stop this ... I have several issues with this ...

it's okay for Obama's supporters to use Obama's race as an excuse/reason, but it's not okay for anybody against Obama (I personally don't view race as an issue at all, honestly, what does him being black have to do with anything?)

Obama is not the first black president. As a matter of fact, he's the first multi-racial president, as his mother was white and his father black.

race should not be a factor AT ALL when it comes to ... well ... ANYTHING!!!! Besides, "once you go black" blah blah blah is a sexually suggestive terminology ... so they are being racist and sexual

I wish that all parties involved in an election would grow up, focus on the issues, and tell us why THEY are better for the job, not why others are BAD for the job!

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

OttawaHoney
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM
So you're white?

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

? Why not?

becuase I don't get offended like almost everyone else in the world.  Because I find this shirt humorous.  Because I am voting for Romney.  

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Why?

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Quoting shadenn766:

antiobama racism

I would wear this shirt

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured