Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do these buttons bother you?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/05/Racism-Alert-Vote-Black-Buttons-At-the-DNC

Racism Alert: 'Vote Black' Buttons At The DNC

Print ArticleSend a Tip
5 Sep 2012234post a comment

One of my favorite things about conventions -- either party -- are the enthusiastic sartorial choices of many delegates. This year's DNC was no different, except for these pins:

Is this a progressive attempt to be humorous? You can never tell, with these people. They're up in arms simply because Erick Erickson cracked wise over the incessant pitches for free birth control due to sexual recreation, so you never know. (They're ignoring that I reTweeted it so they can say it's sexist.) I'm going to take them at their word and assume that they only want black Americans for president now.

According to the Progressive Guidebook to Political Correctness, this constitutes Racism™. Salon's Joan Walsh will be pulling out her dog whistle any moment now, surely.

ETA: http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/17464383/White_Back_In_The_White_House_T_Shirt_At_Ohio_Campaign_Event_PHOTO

A s/o, of sorts.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You nevah go back!!

Wait.......
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM

SMDH - again two wrongs don't make a right. and didn't your parents tell you just because bobby sue and billy jo are doing it doesn't make it right. sheesh. what is this 5th grade.

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Its probably just a counter attack for all the vote whitey crap that has been spewed for the last 4 years. Just like the pins that say Sluts vote, after the Sandra Fluke fiasco.

Wrong wither way.

jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

According to the old One Drop Rule, anyone with any Black ancestors was considered Black, no matter what their actual skin color. So, yes, he would be considered Black.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I agree.  Obama is not our 1st Black President, like what we keep hearing.  He is bi-racial, half black/half white.  I'm tired of hearing that we have our 1st Black American President & am sick and tired of hearing that.  Those buttons that speak about keeping a Black President in & putting a White President back in office, is quite disgusting to me.  I'm so tired of all this racial bs.  I wish people would go by the job of a  President, instead of the color of their skin.

Quoting NiCo86:

I wish people would stop this ... I have several issues with this ...

it's okay for Obama's supporters to use Obama's race as an excuse/reason, but it's not okay for anybody against Obama (I personally don't view race as an issue at all, honestly, what does him being black have to do with anything?)

Obama is not the first black president. As a matter of fact, he's the first multi-racial president, as his mother was white and his father black.

race should not be a factor AT ALL when it comes to ... well ... ANYTHING!!!! Besides, "once you go black" blah blah blah is a sexually suggestive terminology ... so they are being racist and sexual

I wish that all parties involved in an election would grow up, focus on the issues, and tell us why THEY are better for the job, not why others are BAD for the job!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM

:face palm:

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Sigh..when will the racist stupidity end?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

yep, thats for sure

Quoting LifeIsForLOLZ:

Yup both sides are as bad as eachother...

Quoting shadenn766:

no...i've seen worse, and besides that they all do it...this was worn at a romney meeting/rally

antiobama racism

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM
How far back does this go? Due to slavery, a good many of us could be " black" by that rule if there are no generation lines.

Quoting jadedcynic:

According to the old One Drop Rule, anyone with any Black ancestors was considered Black, no matter what their actual skin color. So, yes, he would be considered Black.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I agree.  Obama is not our 1st Black President, like what we keep hearing.  He is bi-racial, half black/half white.  I'm tired of hearing that we have our 1st Black American President & am sick and tired of hearing that.  Those buttons that speak about keeping a Black President in & putting a White President back in office, is quite disgusting to me.  I'm so tired of all this racial bs.  I wish people would go by the job of a  President, instead of the color of their skin.

Quoting NiCo86:

it's okay for Obama's supporters to use Obama's race as an excuse/reason, but it's not okay for anybody against Obama (I personally don't view race as an issue at all, honestly, what does him being black have to do with anything?)

Obama is not the first black president. As a matter of fact, he's the first multi-racial president, as his mother was white and his father black.

race should not be a factor AT ALL when it comes to ... well ... ANYTHING!!!! Besides, "once you go black" blah blah blah is a sexually suggestive terminology ... so they are being racist and sexual

I wish that all parties involved in an election would grow up, focus on the issues, and tell us why THEY are better for the job, not why others are BAD for the job!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM

One drop is one drop. If there were rumors that your great great grandma was a slave your great great grandpa had taken as a wife, you were often ostracized. Read Desiree's Baby by Kate Chopin for an example. In that the wife doesn't know her family background and is devastated when her baby is born with African-American features. It was more common than people think.

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

How far back does this go? Due to slavery, a good many of us could be " black" by that rule if there are no generation lines.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting NiCo86:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I don't agree with that at all.  So, if I had ANY black in me at all, I would consider myself black?  IF you are going to go by that, George Zimmerman would be black then.  GZ is multi-racial, because he has white, latino, black ancestors.  As far as I know, Obama has black & white.  Black father & white mother.  White grandparents.  So, he's Bi-Racial. 

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting NiCo86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)