Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lets begin this now, shall we?

Posted by   + Show Post

Where you live, do you plan on running in to any issues this upcoming Holiday season when it comes to not being able to project your religion as you wish, as you feel you should be able to?

A friend, who owns about 4 acres, ran in to some hot water last year when he attempted to place a huge cross made of lights at the front of his property.  Many in town has several reasons for complaining.  Some did not appreciate how bright it was while others found it offensive.

What about kiddos in school?  Will your area hold a Christmas concert, play or otherwise?  

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (41-43):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting AMom29:

Oh, god.  Here we go already.

Did you bother to read through the thread?

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Quoting AMom29:

No issues here.  I usually put a single string of lights on the house because I like the way it looks in the snow.  Clear or blue -- I don't do the colored ones because it looks TOO Christmas-y for me.

Don't celebrate Christmas at all.  My oldest gets a little confused, but she has Autism and has a hard enough time comprehending the tangible world, let alone introducing an intangible one.  She understands that we don't celebrate, but she was so obsessed with a Christmas tree last year that her Grandmother begged for me to let her buy one when they went on clearance, so she has this small metal tree with bells on it.

No issues with the school for the most part.  They aren't allowed to have specific holiday parties (they do fall and winter parties), but the BS is usually incorporated somehow into the curriculum.  I hate it, but what can I do?

So it seems you may have read the thread and realized it has not gone astray.

Thanks for posting.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Quoting fmchavez:

Christmas is going to be annoying this year like every year. We celebrate the Winter Solstice and I don't expect to have any issues with decorations (basically just wintery things). 

I just get annoyed by Christmas. That's mostly my mother's fault because she over does every year and has over done it for as long as I can remember. Being a minister's daughter I had plenty of Christmas crap going on during Advent (like our huge Christmas play that I had to be in) and then my mother basically took a Christmas decor cannon and shot the house several times. I'm so over Christmas. 

Wow.

I'm sorry Christmas is such a downer for you.

I can't imagine ever feeling that way about the time of year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN