Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Women who worked with Romney speak out

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 89 Replies
6 moms liked this

Women who worked with Romney speak out

October 5 2012 by Christopher Cook | View other posts by

When a president doesn't have a record to run on . . . when a president is presiding over an economic situation that is, in some ways, worsening rather than recovering after a recession . . . what's his campaign to do?

Why, make stuff up, of course!

Among the serial false attacks on Mitt Romney has been the absurd notion that he is anti-women. It's actually an attack that they trot out against nearly all Republicans at some point, for a few simple reasons:

1. Dividing human beings into grievance classes is one of the ways the left attains power. It's a divide and conquer strategy:
    • separate out a group from the whole society,
    • tell them they have reason to be aggrieved,
    • focus on that grievance until they're profoundly unhappy,
    • identify an enemy who is making them unhappy, and then
    • tell then you are their only savior.
  2. The left cannot remake any society into the statist utopia they envision until they first destroy the existing order. Creating warring grievance classes destabilizes societal cohesion, a necessary step in this process.
  3. Electorally, the kind of attack works. It doesn't move all the votes, but it moves some.

That this line of attack is false is of no consequence to the perpetrators.

America got to see the real Mitt Romney in the debate on Wednesday, and he was nothing like the caricature they've painted. Eventually, the truth will out.

And now, a group of women who actually worked with Mitt Romney are adding to that record of truth:

Frankly, we were completely, totally, absolutely fed up. That's what we told a reporter from the Milwaukee Sentinel today who asked us why a group of female executives are traveling the country telling women about our former boss Mitt Romney. We were frustrated that so many women were getting a picture of Mitt from the media and negative ads that just doesn't match up with the man we all know and worked with in Salt Lake and Massachusetts. We're smart women; we know it's a big country; and we know we're only a few voices. But we also know we have insights and stories that women voters want to hear before they make up their minds - so we decided to hit the road and tell as many women as we can what Mitt Romney is really like from the perspective of the women who worked with him every day.

Amazingly, most women don't know that Mitt had women at his side helping him turn around the Olympics in Salt Lake and fix the economy in Massachusetts. It doesn't surprise me because I know how Mitt puts together his team. He hires the strongest talent he can find, so naturally he ends up with a lot of women. Mitt says he hires people who will "go through walls" to get the job done; the women who have worked with him over the years definitely fit that description. I worked with him for nine years and can tell you that my colleagues in Salt Lake and Massachusetts are as talented and incredible as any group of women in America.

Mitt was recognized every year he was Governor for having more women in Cabinet and senior positions than any other Governor in the country. Women made up half Mitt's cabinet. Women were at the heart of the economic team he put together to create jobs, cut red-tape and streamline regulations and permitting. He personally chose and campaigned for his Lt. Governor - Kerry Healey - a hard-working, gracious, accomplished woman. His Chief of Staff, Beth Myers, was at the table with him . . .

keep reading

Dividing Americans against each other is no way to run a country, and it's no substitute for having a positive agenda. A fact that Barack Obama is going to discover after Mitt Romney takes office next year

grandma B

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM
3 moms liked this

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM
7 moms liked this
Look, an opinion piece (wow, is that spelled right? I'm all over the place tonight) that presents no facts and whines about The Left. Color me shocked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM
4 moms liked this

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM
7 moms liked this

I guess, when you are dumbstruck and have nothing worth saying, play a stupid musical video for diversion.  You would have been taken more seriously if you said nothing at all.  Now, you've just made yourself look foolish.  Nice work.

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

You know what take a long walk off a short pier!  I posted it cause I am tired of wasting my time typing in her post so I posted a video whose title is what I feel whenever I find myself accidently in her BS post. 

Quoting Lacey14:

I guess, when you are dumbstruck and have nothing worth saying, play a stupid musical video for diversion.  You would have been taken more seriously if you said nothing at all.  Now, you've just made yourself look foolish.  Nice work.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.
Never let them drag you down!

Face Palm, Fuck You & a HOT Rock Star.
It's all good!

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh Wow...now that is epic.  You are tired of wasting your time typing in her post?  Try this...JUST DON'T.   SMH

Quoting glitterteaz:

You know what take a long walk off a short pier!  I posted it cause I am tired of wasting my time typing in her post so I posted a video whose title is what I feel whenever I find myself accidently in her BS post. 

Quoting Lacey14:

Quoting glitterteaz:

lga1965
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM

This is a Blog by women who worked for Mitt. Very sweet devotion to Mitt.And they bashed the President. How sweet.

So.....?

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM
5 moms liked this
It's possible to be friends, colleagues, etc with women; even *gasp* like women, and still advocate for policies that, at their crux, hurt women the most. I honestly would be surprised if I heard Romney was a misogynist, but I'm not a fan of what I perceive to be some anti-women stances. I realize I'm rambling, sorry. Just trying to say that I don't think Romney believes what he does because he hates women, just that his obsessive small government stances will disproportionally hurt women.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Just wanted to gave out a Congrats to Romney for a job well done!!  Go Romney!!  you rockway to goclappinggoodblowing kisses

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

And why don't you... I don't know... mind your own BUSINESS? smfh sb

Quoting Lacey14:

Oh Wow...now that is epic.  You are tired of wasting your time typing in her post?  Try this...JUST DON'T.   SMH

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting Lacey14:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.
Never let them drag you down!

Face Palm, Fuck You & a HOT Rock Star.
It's all good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN