Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

77 days for the murder of a 16mth old...WTH!

Posted by   + Show Post
Baby Alissa was given up by her birth mom Kelli to Kelli's cousin Christy Shaffer. Who in just three months managed to break Alissa's arm, shove something so hard into Alissa's mouth it left a gaping wound in it, rip out Alissa's hair, beat her and finally managed to wack her upside the head killing her. Christy was charged merely with neglect and served only 77 days in jail because her father has connections. I as a mother of two beautiful children cannot stand by and let this happen. On November 2nd of this year, Alissa would be 5 years old. My gift to her is to try and help Bernice Bucaffari get all the signatures she needs get this re-trial. Every single day until we get all the signatures needed and then some, i will be posting Alissa's page and petition. This is my way of fighting for her. Please share this for at least one day. And if you are affected by it the way i am, please write a letter insisting that this case be re-opened and Christy Shaffer be charged accordingly for MURDER.

Send your letters to:

LaGrange County Prosecutor's Office
114 W Michigan Street Ste. 5
LaGrange, IN. 46761-1853
If you think this is SPAM it is NOT! For more info on this story visit: BabyAlissaCries4Justice.org
To sign the petition- https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Replies (11-19):
Jers.
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Unbelievable!  She drove around with a dead baby in her carseat for how long?!  I don't understand how she got away with this.  http://ripeace.wordpress.com/tag/christy-shaffer/

You have almost 14K signatures - hope justice is served.

Rosie321
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hi!!! Thank you so very much. Unfortunately the above petition is not going to work anymore. Can you do me a favor and sign the latest one below. It is a White House Petition and some of the supporters are going to be at the child abuse rally in DC in april. This latest petition has been perfected, but we are down to 6 days and still need 11k more signatures. Can you please sign and share as much as you can. Thank you so much for your support.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Jers.
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM

This is where I land with that link

Created: Dec 15, 2012
Learn about Petition Thresholds

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY JANUARY 14, 2013 TO REACH GOAL OF 25,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

You've already signed this petition

Quoting Rosie321:

Hi!!! Thank you so very much. Unfortunately the above petition is not going to work anymore. Can you do me a favor and sign the latest one below. It is a White House Petition and some of the supporters are going to be at the child abuse rally in DC in april. This latest petition has been perfected, but we are down to 6 days and still need 11k more signatures. Can you please sign and share as much as you can. Thank you so much for your support.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

neveensaffron
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I hope they rot in Hell. Including the judge, lawyers, cops and every single person who worked to sweep this under the rug.

That said, it's probably for the best she killed her this young. Imagine the torture she would've endured had she lived.
Her abuse would've been treated the same way. As in pretending it wasn't happening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

No it is a vendetta.  And a waste of out tax money.  Perhaps a look over the nation at the sentencing of women in cases would be an eye opener.  Many area blame women where there was nothing she could have done.

Rosie321
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I'm sorry but i don't quite get what you are saying. But maybe if you were to follow her story you would know that i am not wasting my time. And for people to see seeking justice as a waste of our tax money is disgusting. That is why this world is the way it is. Our priorities are fucked up.

LuvmyAiden
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM

THIS shit is what is wrong with our society. We do NOT punish the guilty and then we ask why we have such violence. I will go sign and say a prayer this monster is tried again....or slowly killed by ants. One of the two.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM

throwing up 

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Send all the info to Nancy Grace everyday, and post in on her FB page everyday. It will eventually get noticed I would think, be persistent and demand it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN