Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A question for those who vote third party

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

In all truthfulness, I haven't done much research on third party candidates.  Could one of them possibly be a better president than either of our candidates, very possible.  But, there is no chance any of them will win.  I think there needs to be a change in the electoral system where there are more candidates to choose from at the end that actually have a chance, but that's not how it is right now.  Why not choose between the one of the two main candidates that is the better of the two, that will cause less damage?

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM
5 moms liked this

Because we are done voting for the lessor of two evils.  We will never bring about change if we all keep voting for the established two party system.  Why should I vote for Romney when he doesn't stand a chance in winning my state? 

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I agree we really need more choices, but will probably never get them. The 3rd party canidates do not stand a chance and do not have the financial backing that the bigger parties get

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM
5 moms liked this
All we need is 5% for equal funding.

5%

An Gary Johnson could very well get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BookGirl06
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't vote for the lesser of two "evils" one I couldn't decide which was the least "evil" and second I think that is a very bad way to vote, I think we should vote our conscience always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Exactly.

Quoting BookGirl06:

I can't vote for the lesser of two "evils" one I couldn't decide which was the least "evil" and second I think that is a very bad way to vote, I think we should vote our conscience always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I don't want to choose "the lesser of two evils", but who I believe will be the best President.  I want to be part of those out there that are trying to make our system better and not one that is just going to follow and accept the status quo. 

AMBG825
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Because the lesser of two evils is still evil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Because candidate one is bad and candidate two is worse...the campaign and elections systems in the US are broken.

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I want to vote for the third party but my dh thinks I am crazy for that because it is hard to find out who the third party is and what they stand for so really, I just don't vote at all because it is just a huge shit stick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN