Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
lga1965
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I know...seems a little sacreligious. Just wrong. I am thinking ..."separation of church and state "....

Quoting shannonnigans:

I particularly like how the cross is red white and blue and adorned with stars. As Jesus surely would want it to be....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Yes but that says GOD, not Jesus. What if I think Jesus was merely a wise man? Not the "son of God "?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Even the 4.7 billion non-Christians who don't have the slightest degree of interest in him?

Quoting newmom2be08:

Amen! Everyone will meet him face to face one day!

Yes, even those. 

Romans 14:11 - for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I have hope for you, poodles, as a believer. = )

lga1965
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Thank you for a POSITIVE reply! :-)

Quoting rfurlongg:

Wow, this post took a strange turn. I know what you mean op. I hope we all (believers and non) can support whoever wins and leave behind all this negative and unproductive animosity. It is almost over!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Please finish. THEN what?

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting shannonnigans:

That would logically infer that you feel that there is really only one true religion, and that therefore, everyone else is flat-out wrong in your world. Glad your world is make-believe because I'd really dislike it.

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Yes. Everyone will face Him, even those that do not believe.

The Truth will be revealed one day.  Until then, you are free to believe whatever you wish. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lga1965:

Yes but that says GOD, not Jesus. What if I think Jesus was merely a wise man? Not the "son of God "?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Even the 4.7 billion non-Christians who don't have the slightest degree of interest in him?

Quoting newmom2be08:

Yes, even those. 

Romans 14:11 - for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

Jesus IS God.  The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are One being, not three beings and make up The Trinity. 

CafeMom Tickers
lga1965
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
It should be "even those WHO do not believe ".

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Quoting lga1965:

It should be "even those WHO do not believe ".

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Thanks for the grammar lesson...it's never been my strong suit.  ;)

CafeMom Tickers
lga1965
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
That's not what they taught me and that's not how it is in my church. So I suppose you're going to tell me that yours is the only correct church?
but that doesn't matter to me anymore since I think Jesus was just a human being and a few hundred years after his death people started writing fiction with Jesus as the main character

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting newmom2be08:

Yes, even those. 

Jesus IS God.  The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are One being, not three beings and make up The Trinity. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quoting lga1965:

That's not what they taught me and that's not how it is in my church. So I suppose you're going to tell me that yours is the only correct church?
but that doesn't matter to me anymore since I think Jesus was just a human being and a few hundred years after his death people started writing fiction with Jesus as the main character

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting newmom2be08:

Yes, even those. 

Nope, I never said that.  BTW, what church did/do you attend?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN