Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama is back in office. Can we stop the hate now?

I aim this at everyone that hates Obama because hes Obama (which is a lot of people). You are not getting him out of office which is what the last couple of years have been focused. So can we focus on rebuilding the nation now please? 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (101-110):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I forget nothing. However, the POTUS canot be blamed for the division. Well, he can. But it is mis-placed.  

Quoting DSamuels:

POTUS had the first 2years. Then people woke up and said whoa and elected repubs to run the house to slow things down and block some of them. Don't like it?

Well, some didn't like the dems doing everything THEY wanted and not listening to the other people in the country, so they fixed it the best they way were able to.

You forget that not everyone in this country wants the same things. If they did, we would only need one party.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting cammibear:

It's gonna be kinda hard to bring a divided country together with a President that thrives on division. Just sayin'.

after my watching FoxNews throughout the day, they are patting themselves on the back for keeping right majority rule in the house. POTUS wants to get the job done. But what is POTUS to do with a majority rule hell-bent on blocking him.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Fear is what drives the conservative mind. This is not my opinion. Many separate studies have shown this.

Quoting DSamuels:

And those who feared Romney were afraid he'd take away abortion, BC, put them back in the 1950's or was it 1940's, their food stamps, welfare benefits, and on and on. None of which was true, but the fear mongering left made some believe it.

Quoting NWP:

I agree. Unfortunately, those who fear, fear. First, they were afraid O was a sleeper cell terrorist, now they fear he is a commie. I am afraid they will always fear.

Here is to hoping the moderates find their voices now and speak up over the fear, and help lead the fearful on their side to a more secure position than the extreme edges.

Quoting frogbender:

Can we please begin trying to work with one another rather than against one another? Stuff might actually get accomplished.

New World Peace

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The system of checks and balances is a 3 part system; not half and half.

I was responding to your comment in regards to your opinion that Obama thrives on division. I do not believe this is so. Watch Fox News and you can see them gloat in their meager "win." I did not see much civility. I saw division.

Quoting cammibear:

That hell bent group represents the other 1/2 of the country thank you.

There is a reason for our checks and balances. Without it we are headed for another war. This keeps things balanced and civilized...hopefully.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting cammibear:

It's gonna be kinda hard to bring a divided country together with a President that thrives on division. Just sayin'.

after my watching FoxNews throughout the day, they are patting themselves on the back for keeping right majority rule in the house. POTUS wants to get the job done. But what is POTUS to do with a majority rule hell-bent on blocking him.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM

People see what they want and will never admit that their side is just as big a part of the problem as that other side they love to claim are the divisive ones.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

The system of checks and balances is a 3 part system; not half and half.

I was responding to your comment in regards to your opinion that Obama thrives on division. I do not believe this is so. Watch Fox News and you can see them gloat in their meager "win." I did not see much civility. I saw division.

Quoting cammibear:

That hell bent group represents the other 1/2 of the country thank you.

There is a reason for our checks and balances. Without it we are headed for another war. This keeps things balanced and civilized...hopefully.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting cammibear:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Then why does the left spend so much time spreading fear of conservatives? Especially of things that won't happen.

The war on women. The big bad repubs will take away abortion, birth control, are against equal pay, equal rights, etc. It's based on FEAR and it doesn't come from the right. Hell, it isn't even true, but I guess they figure no one will stop and think ALL women would be effected, not just the ones on the left.

The repubs want to poison the air and water, take away Medicare and SS and kill off granny. I guess no repubs breathe, drink, plan to get old or have family members that are old.

Quoting NWP:

Fear is what drives the conservative mind. This is not my opinion. Many separate studies have shown this.

Quoting DSamuels:

And those who feared Romney were afraid he'd take away abortion, BC, put them back in the 1950's or was it 1940's, their food stamps, welfare benefits, and on and on. None of which was true, but the fear mongering left made some believe it.

Quoting NWP:

I agree. Unfortunately, those who fear, fear. First, they were afraid O was a sleeper cell terrorist, now they fear he is a commie. I am afraid they will always fear.

Here is to hoping the moderates find their voices now and speak up over the fear, and help lead the fearful on their side to a more secure position than the extreme edges.

Quoting frogbender:

Can we please begin trying to work with one another rather than against one another? Stuff might actually get accomplished.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You are speaking rheteric.

Look to the points in red:

Quoting DSamuels:

Then why does the left spend so much time spreading fear of conservatives? Especially of things that won't happen. Fox News and Rush Limbaugh does this to conservatives, not Democrats.

The war on women. The big bad repubs will take away abortion, birth control, are against equal pay, equal rights, etc. It's based on FEAR and it doesn't come from the right. Hell, it isn't even true, but I guess they figure no one will stop and think ALL women would be effected, not just the ones on the left.
Whatever you want to call it, the conservative right has pushed a RECORD number of "morality" amendments and bills restricting women's choices and access to health care, equal pay and more..And the GOP just entered the goals of changing the 14th amendment to cover fetuses and stated their goal place only pro-life supreme court justices into their party platform..The Dems didn't do that. You repeating this lie over and over doesn't make it true.

The repubs want to poison the air and water, The EPA was created by a Republican president take away Medicare and SS and kill off granny This is the Ryan budget that does that. I guess no repubs breathe, drink, plan to get old or have family members that are old. This is just an ignorant statement
Quoting NWP:

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting frogbender:

New World Peace

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Please show me were I have lied.

Quoting lga1965:

Hahaha..more right wing lies. How long is your nose now?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Oh.....you mean can we stop the racial tension that Obama has brought with him?  Oh, sure.....once you get rid of the Black Panthers, the ACORN p[eople, Valerie Jarrett, Holder and so on and so on......

gammie
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM
We sold our freedom for free birth control. Yea!!!!!

I'm do not hate Obama I'm angry at the people who vote for him, you just don't get what the Government is up too. And yes Mitt would of done the same.

We are going to keep the killing going, stealing from the working class. The very rich do not bank in the states they bank over seas, they will never pay as much as I do!!!
You are a fool to think you can steal from the very rich lol they run the country!!!!
YepYeah
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gammie:

We sold our freedom for free birth control. Yea!!!!!

I'm do not hate Obama I'm angry at the people who vote for him, you just don't get what the Government is up too. And yes Mitt would of done the same.

We are going to keep the killing going, stealing from the working class. The very rich do not bank in the states they bank over seas, they will never pay as much as I do!!!
You are a fool to think you can steal from the very rich lol they run the country!!!!

Don't forget free phones

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

He has had 4yrs to rebuild-and to reach accross the aisle-why is he just starting now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)