Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama is back in office. Can we stop the hate now?

I aim this at everyone that hates Obama because hes Obama (which is a lot of people). You are not getting him out of office which is what the last couple of years have been focused. So can we focus on rebuilding the nation now please? 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (61-70):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I doubt that'll happen. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I fear for this country when a bunch of egotistical and conniving politicians can divide Americans like this. It's one thing to have different political opinions, and another to hate on others solely because of those opinions :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Everyone that hates Obama, which is a lot of people? It's Obama's job to focus on rebuilding the nation and work with congress. Republicans still hold a majority in the house, so it will be up to Obama to compromise and work with Republicans. Either way the country is only going to become more divided if people keep associating having a difference of opinion on issues as being hate.

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

I aim this at everyone that hates Obama because hes Obama (which is a lot of people). You are not getting him out of office which is what the last couple of years have been focused. So can we focus on rebuilding the nation now please? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Are you serious? Romneys concession speech was first class and humble. Looks like your the one hate filled with this comment, so much for civility...

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

Uh no? Look at how Romney is acting right now. I think that says it all.

Hes showing he had no class all along. What a shock. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Lol, you missed Bachmann....

Quoting glitterteaz:

Now that we have the teabag/sandbags out of the way I am sure that will not be an issue

Quoting Paperfishies:

First ask your president if he is ready to stop being a celebrity and ready to get shit done.

Due9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
You have to ask yourself, why do they seem to not like Obama? Why? It has nothing to do with because "he's Obama".
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Obama was elected by a smaller margin this time, so no the country is not getting bluer.

Quoting NWP:

Not just the electoral college but the popular vote as well...and it looks like the country is trending bluer every year. Growing diversity and younger, more open minded voters are going to swing our country away from a conservative party that has abandoned them for archaic policies and ideas

Quoting ILive4This:

psssst, Obama won.

Quoting cammibear:

It's gonna be kinda hard to bring a divided country together with a President that thrives on division. Just sayin'.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry Kitty....this one you are just going to have to accept. We are growing more diverse every single year and the conservatives have alienated our fastest growing demographic. Plus, our younger voters are more diverse and open minded than ever before. You can't shun Latinos, Blacks and Gays and the folks who love and accept them without feeling the hit.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Obama was elected by a smaller margin this time, so no the country is not getting bluer.

Quoting NWP:

Not just the electoral college but the popular vote as well...and it looks like the country is trending bluer every year. Growing diversity and younger, more open minded voters are going to swing our country away from a conservative party that has abandoned them for archaic policies and ideas

Quoting ILive4This:

psssst, Obama won.

Quoting cammibear:

It's gonna be kinda hard to bring a divided country together with a President that thrives on division. Just sayin'.

New World Peace

cammibear
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't see the younger generations as open-minded at all. I see them buying into the same utopian lies that have never worked. I see them grasping for the same "hope and change" that has led many countries in history right into totalitarian rule. I see mass conformity disguised as "diversity", or mass nonconformity. New America is resembling Old Rome more and more. Can't get more archaic than that.

But I digress. This election has solidified in my mind that we are too far gone. "Whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap". Very unfortunate.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting ILive4This:

psssst, Obama won.

Quoting cammibear:

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Can we please begin trying to work with one another rather than against one another? Stuff might actually get accomplished.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN