Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama is back in office. Can we stop the hate now?

I aim this at everyone that hates Obama because hes Obama (which is a lot of people). You are not getting him out of office which is what the last couple of years have been focused. So can we focus on rebuilding the nation now please? 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (71-80):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. Unfortunately, those who fear, fear. First, they were afraid O was a sleeper cell terrorist, now they fear he is a commie. I am afraid they will always fear.

Here is to hoping the moderates find their voices now and speak up over the fear, and help lead the fearful on their side to a more secure position than the extreme edges.

Quoting frogbender:

Can we please begin trying to work with one another rather than against one another? Stuff might actually get accomplished.

New World Peace

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I just think it is funny, that the sore losers and the sore winners, seem to think there is ANY difference between the two of them.  They are both puppets, controlled by the same masters.  It did not matter which of them won, because either way, the average American is fucked. Hard, and with no lube.

cammibear
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm pretty moderate, and I have no fear of Obama. I just happen to like freedom and liberty, and I see Obama as left of the left. If he follows Clinton, and moves back to the center, compromises will be made and things "might" improve.

I'm predicting that Obama will not budge, will continue to trample the Constitution, and will collapse our economy, and justify it because of the global New World Order agenda.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong about him. :)

Quoting NWP:

I agree. Unfortunately, those who fear, fear. First, they were afraid O was a sleeper cell terrorist, now they fear he is a commie. I am afraid they will always fear.

Here is to hoping the moderates find their voices now and speak up over the fear, and help lead the fearful on their side to a more secure position than the extreme edges.

Quoting frogbender:

Can we please begin trying to work with one another rather than against one another? Stuff might actually get accomplished.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You keep believing that. Even your beloved Fox pundits were quite frank in saying the Republican Party is in trouble. Creamed in the youth vote. Creamed in the minority vote. Creamed amongst women. Romney didn't even win the Catholic vote. Badically he won white males. Shifting demographics are only accentuating this, and the Tea Party has become an enormous liability. Other than that you're in great shape.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Obama was elected by a smaller margin this time, so no the country is not getting bluer.

Quoting NWP:

Not just the electoral college but the popular vote as well...and it looks like the country is trending bluer every year. Growing diversity and younger, more open minded voters are going to swing our country away from a conservative party that has abandoned them for archaic policies and ideas

Quoting ILive4This:

psssst, Obama won.

Quoting cammibear:

It's gonna be kinda hard to bring a divided country together with a President that thrives on division. Just sayin'.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I wish I could like this post more than once.

Quoting cammibear:

I'm pretty moderate, and I have no fear of Obama. I just happen to like freedom and liberty, and I see Obama as left of the left. If he follows Clinton, and moves back to the center, compromises will be made and things "might" improve.

I'm predicting that Obama will not budge, will continue to trample the Constitution, and will collapse our economy, and justify it because of the global New World Order agenda.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting frogbender:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Cammi, your words here do demonstrate the fear of which I speak and how far right the right has moved, that you would consider Obama the "left of the left"...That demonstrates that your center is too far to the right.

Obama isn't really that far left from Romney...at all...As the final debate demonstrated when all Romney did was agree with the president. And even on a lot of social issues, the real Romney swings left of the TP regardless of what he may say to their faces.

And when it comes to big business..Obama is in bed with the corporate world too, unfortunately. Why do you think insurance companies are such a big part of health care and the raping of our food system (by Monsanto and friends) wasn't on the Dem agenda?

If you are looking for "far left", then you will need to look left of Jill Stein and Rosanne Barr for that.

As for Obama, you have nothing to fear.

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting frogbender:

New World Peace

LuvnMyCrew3
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish more people actually educated themselves versus just watching the biased TV stations (not saying biased to republican, there are both), reading biased newspaper, and going on biased websites. Even if you don't agree with EVERYTHING he says... be informed enough about his position to know what he is doing that you do or could go along with. I would have done that if Romney had won. But hey, that's just me.

LuvnMyCrew3
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I agree, I believe it was ABC News that put ot the list of the Top 10 Reasons Mitt lost... Minority vote, youth vote, women's vote were all on the list along with that fact that the pool of republican candidates did not have all republicans overjoyed. Only state to go back Red over last election was NC and the margin was very small.

Quoting shannonnigans:

You keep believing that. Even your beloved Fox pundits were quite frank in saying the Republican Party is in trouble. Creamed in the youth vote. Creamed in the minority vote. Creamed amongst women. Romney didn't even win the Catholic vote. Badically he won white males. Shifting demographics are only accentuating this, and the Tea Party has become an enormous liability. Other than that you're in great shape.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Obama was elected by a smaller margin this time, so no the country is not getting bluer.

Quoting NWP:

Not just the electoral college but the popular vote as well...and it looks like the country is trending bluer every year. Growing diversity and younger, more open minded voters are going to swing our country away from a conservative party that has abandoned them for archaic policies and ideas

Quoting ILive4This:

psssst, Obama won.

Quoting cammibear:

It's gonna be kinda hard to bring a divided country together with a President that thrives on division. Just sayin'.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am happy Obama won. I am not going  to laugh at Romney's supporters though. Poor DH is one of them LOL

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Txlady28:

Really? What planet do you people live on? Romney has plenty of class. Your divider in chief does not.

This almost made me spit out my coffee.

The humor is rampid around here today.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)