Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you agree?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BoysManDog:

Yeah, like I said:  All this election decided is that some people like handouts.  I hope they are worth the price of your freedom.

Wait. Are you saying that Republicans were voting for President Obama? Because I didn't see that via the Poll Results. Can you produce your source for that?

Because I don't know if you know this but Democrat states tend to give more than they take in from Federal money. It's Republican States that tend to take in more than they give.

So using your logic President Obama should have gotten the majority of the Republican vote. Besides the people making $250k+ a year (Which is only 2-3% of America) so President Obama should have gotten near 90% of the vote.

Maybe your conclusion is wrong.

I know you libs like to trot out the old CNN chart, but here is an article with recent data that gives an actual breakdown of the funds of the top ten receiving states. 

http://247wallst.com/2012/08/03/states-that-get-the-most-federal-money/

And here is a chart from Usa.Gov data showing political breakdown of funding since 2000:

Federal funding by state bar graph

ANYWAY, chart or no chart, libs want more and bigger government. More government handouts.  More government control.   This is indisputable.  People who voted for Obama did not vote for smaller government and fewer handouts.  To argue this is preposterous. 

I hate to break it to you. But the site you listed doesn't change very much. If it went beyond the top 10-The list would have looked pretty similar.

And the chart you posted is completely irrelevant. As the very site you linked (The link is still there for anyone who wants to see it) says Califorinia recieved the most Federal money. But after you look at how much it gives back in Taxes it is no where near the states that get more than they take.

So after looking at the facts. Your claim that Democrats want government handouts is silly. Because as the facts point out it is Republican states that tend to take more than they give. So if your claim was true-Most of the Republicans would be voting Democrat.

When a LARGE part of Republicans are using Food Stamps are on Welfare and are taking in more money then they put out. It is silly to say that people who use food stamps, welfare, are want money are some how all Democrats and are all voting Democratic.

It's simply not true.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

lga1965
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know anyone who voted for Obama who needs a "handout ". Your generalizing is inaccurate and biased.
College educated, forward looking friends and relatives of mine believe that the future holds promise.... and a potential for equality which was never the goal of Republicans .

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting _Kissy_:

One for the History books!

This guy burps, and you sycophants say it is "historic."

In fact, is not historic, but historical because he said the exact same meaningless tripe the first time around.  Meaningless then.  Meaningless now.  The only thing that matters to this guy is this guy, and his supporters are paying for him with their freedom and dignity.  His power is derived by the votes of those dependent on the government and you all think you have "won." 

You know about history?  Those who fail to learn from it are doomed to repeat it. 

This was an acceptance speech given after an election campaign that really seemed to decide us as a nation.  As a leader his job was to remind us that we are indeed a united nation and there are common goals we need to find a way to get together on.  I think he did a very good job . 

All this election "decided" was that some people like handouts.  NOTHING has changed, and Obama is the last person to "remind" us that we are a "united nation" after running one of the most dishonest, divisive, bitter, race-baiting, and class-envy filled campaigns in modern times.  Common goals?  Bah!  Like what?  Taking money from one group to give to another?  Higher energy costs?  Crappy "healthcare" for all?  Yeah, those are not "common goals."  That's shared misery.   Oh, well.. O "punished his enemies" and got his "revenge." I hope being a slave to the government is worth it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Yeah, I watched a "college educated, forward thinking" 30-year old woman attending one of the most expensive law schools in the country sit in front of CONGRESS to complain that she could not afford her birth control and that someone else should provide it to her and everyone other woman.  That's not a handout?  It is in my book.

Quoting lga1965:

I don't know anyone who voted for Obama who needs a "handout ". Your generalizing is inaccurate and biased.
College educated, forward looking friends and relatives of mine believe that the future holds promise.... and a potential for equality which was never the goal of Republicans .

lga1965
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
ONE woman who was attacked by looney Rush Limbaugh makes you think that all Democrats want "hand outs "? You are pretty dense. Or just dishonest and manipulative. I just don't respect you. I can't even tolerate your radical right wing garbage that you spew.

Quoting BoysManDog:

Yeah, I watched a "college educated, forward thinking" 30-year old woman attending one of the most expensive law schools in the country sit in front of CONGRESS to complain that she could not afford her birth control and that someone else should provide it to her and everyone other woman.  That's not a handout?  It is in my book.

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Yeah, like I said:  All this election decided is that some people like handouts.  I hope they are worth the price of your freedom.

Wait. Are you saying that Republicans were voting for President Obama? Because I didn't see that via the Poll Results. Can you produce your source for that?

Because I don't know if you know this but Democrat states tend to give more than they take in from Federal money. It's Republican States that tend to take in more than they give.

So using your logic President Obama should have gotten the majority of the Republican vote. Besides the people making $250k+ a year (Which is only 2-3% of America) so President Obama should have gotten near 90% of the vote.

I know you libs like to trot out the old CNN chart, but here is an article with recent data that gives an actual breakdown of the funds of the top ten receiving states. 

And here is a chart from Usa.Gov data showing political breakdown of funding since 2000:

ANYWAY, chart or no chart, libs want more and bigger government. More government handouts.  More government control.   This is indisputable.  People who voted for Obama did not vote for smaller government and fewer handouts.  To argue this is preposterous. 

I hate to break it to you. But the site you listed doesn't change very much. If it went beyond the top 10-The list would have looked pretty similar.

And the chart you posted is completely irrelevant. As the very site you linked (The link is still there for anyone who wants to see it) says Califorinia recieved the most Federal money. But after you look at how much it gives back in Taxes it is no where near the states that get more than they take.

So after looking at the facts. Your claim that Democrats want government handouts is silly. Because as the facts point out it is Republican states that tend to take more than they give. So if your claim was true-Most of the Republicans would be voting Democrat.

When a LARGE part of Republicans are using Food Stamps are on Welfare and are taking in more money then they put out. It is silly to say that people who use food stamps, welfare, are want money are some how all Democrats and are all voting Democratic.

It's simply not true.

You are being deliberatley obtuse.  The point of the list was to show the BREAKDOWN of funds.  Did you not read that?  You are simply repeating FEDERAL MONEY and equating that with HANDOUT when you you know damn well that is not what I am talking about when I say HANDOUT.  A defense contract to build ships is not a HANDOUT.  "Free" birth control is.  As for money going out, well.. gee, duh .... A state with a population of 37,253,956 like California is going to have more output than a state with a population of 672,591. 

But, whatever you say, sure.  Obama voters want smaller government. They don't want bigger government and more "free" stuff at all.  

BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Considering that women like her handed the election to Obama makes me KNOW that democrats want handouts, or did you all vote for smaller government and less spending? 

Oh, and I am crushed not to have your "respect."  Seriously, you think that bothers me? 

Quoting lga1965:

ONE woman who was attacked by looney Rush Limbaugh makes you think that all Democrats want "hand outs "? You are pretty dense. Or just dishonest and manipulative. I just don't respect you. I can't even tolerate your radical right wing garbage that you spew.

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting lga1965:

lga1965
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM
....sigh......
I truly do hope you grow up intellectually and see how wrong you are. But I don't see that happening. Unfortunately.
Good luck.

Quoting BoysManDog:

Considering that women like her handed the election to Obama makes me KNOW that democrats want handouts, or did you all vote for smaller government and less spending? 

Oh, and I am crushed not to have your "respect."  Seriously, you think that bothers me? 

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting BoysManDog:

It's simply not true.

You are being deliberatley obtuse.  The point of the list was to show the BREAKDOWN of funds.  Did you not read that?  You are simply repeating FEDERAL MONEY and equating that with HANDOUT when you you know damn well that is not what I am talking about when I say HANDOUT.  A defense contract to build ships is not a HANDOUT.  "Free" birth control is.  As for money going out, well.. gee, duh .... A state with a population of 37,253,956 like California is going to have more output than a state with a population of 672,591. 

But, whatever you say, sure.  Obama voters want smaller government. They don't want bigger government and more "free" stuff at all.  

And that would be accurate if the Democratic states didn't have bases in them as well or other funds from the Federal Money. In order to BREAKDOWN the funds to prove your point you would need to break them down for every state.

You make some more comments here that I will address.

I don't know of anyone asking for Free birth control. Are you talking about the people PAYING for insurance through their employers that want Birth control included in what they are paying for?

And did you ever see me say democrats want a smaller government? The answer is no.What I am pointing out is that your claim that everyone that recieves a handout, or help from the government is NOT a Democrat. And in fact a LOT of them are Republicans.

So I am pointing out that claim you are making is wrong.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting BoysManDog:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting BoysManDog:

It's simply not true.

And that would be accurate if the Democratic states didn't have bases in them as well or other funds from the Federal Money. In order to BREAKDOWN the funds to prove your point you would need to break them down for every state.

You make some more comments here that I will address.

I don't know of anyone asking for Free birth control. Are you talking about the people PAYING for insurance through their employers that want Birth control included in what they are paying for?

And did you ever see me say democrats want a smaller government? The answer is no.What I am pointing out is that your claim that everyone that recieves a handout, or help from the government is NOT a Democrat. And in fact a LOT of them are Republicans.

So I am pointing out that claim you are making is wrong.

bow down

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lga1965
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM
My daughter is married to a man whose family are mostly right wing Republicans ....all but one of their big family are receiving welfare, disabilty. Food stamps.medicaid. and they hate Obama. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. They think alk democrats are commies or socialists. Yada yada yada. Do you ...see the irony, the stupidity? My daughter and her husband can barely stand to visit the relatives ....except fir his Mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)