Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I spend my food stamps on candy.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

I think it's a great idea :-)

I don't think it's a good idea at all. Foodstamps should be spent on healthy food ONLY.

I don't care one way or the other what you do with your food stamps.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 179

View Results

For everyone who complains about people spending their food stamps on junk ;-)

This is the best reward system I've come up with so far. Each of my kids has a marble jar with four lines drawn on them. Whenever they complete a chore or do something nice, they get a marble. When the jar is filled up to the first line, they earn .50, up to 2.00.

Now because we're poor, we have food stamps and of course the kids want to spend their "money" on candy, so that's what we do. And the best part? They aren't allowed to have junk food unless they earn it so instead of the kids begging for sweets at the store and me being the bad guy by saying no, they're hard at work doing chores and nice things to get the candy instead :-)

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (271-280):
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

And I guess you admit to being one of them since you don't think income under the table should be reported.

Quoting viv212:

Some. There's bad people in every group.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Well, some people don't like being thieves and liars.

But if you don't, they won't know unless someone reported it

Quoting EireLass:

You're still obligated to write it in.

Quoting viv212:

Right. But what if you just leave that blank if you're getting cash for those services.

Quoting EireLass:

When she files her taxes every year, there is a place for her to write in any amount of other monies earned. She would then be responsible to pay taxes on that amount.

Quoting viv212:

But you don't get taxed on it do you? If it's under the table, I wouldn't report it.

Quoting paganbaby:

Well they say I have to report any income I make.

Quoting viv212:

Why would you report that? I wouldn't.

Quoting paganbaby:

Wait a minute, you do know that I make my own money right? In addition to homeschooling my kids, I also babysit and walk dogs. I make roughly 100$ a month. Not enough to really effect my fs but I report it anyways. So I guess by some peoples standards, I do work at home. We've tried medication and therapy but they didn't work. Keeping him at home has yeilded the greatest results so far. And my husband works evenings so a night job is out of the question.

viv212
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll accept that, I've done worse in my life.

Everyone has committed sin and broke the law.

At least I teach my dd not to be judgmental of others. It's not our job.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

And I guess you admit to being one of them since you don't think income under the table should be reported.

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Right. But what if you just leave that blank if you're getting cash for those services.

Quoting EireLass:

When she files her taxes every year, there is a place for her to write in any amount of other monies earned. She would then be responsible to pay taxes on that amount.

Quoting viv212:

But you don't get taxed on it do you? If it's under the table, I wouldn't report it.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Wait a minute, you do know that I make my own money right? In addition to homeschooling my kids, I also babysit and walk dogs. I make roughly 100$ a month. Not enough to really effect my fs but I report it anyways. So I guess by some peoples standards, I do work at home. We've tried medication and therapy but they didn't work. Keeping him at home has yeilded the greatest results so far. And my husband works evenings so a night job is out of the question.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Not everyone breaks the law and lies to the government, especially if the government is making it so they can take care of their kids.

You just don't have a problem with ripping off the government and being a liar and a thief.

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

viv212
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Call it what you want, I could care less. It'll probably bother you more knowing the type of money I wasn't reporting and how I was earning it.

And yes, everyone has broken the law, even if it's just a minor offense. No one is free of sin whether it be religious or man-made/enforced.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Not everyone breaks the law and lies to the government, especially if the government is making it so they can take care of their kids.

You just don't have a problem with ripping off the government and being a liar and a thief.

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Not everyone willingly breaks the law.

I can't help if you are so trashy that you lie and cheat from the government because you can't care for yourself and your kids.

Many of us can care for our families without being lying cheats.    Perhaps someday you can not rip off the government and actually care for your family.   But I doubt it.

You are proud to be a liar and thief.

Quoting viv212:

Call it what you want, I could care less. It'll probably bother you more knowing the type of money I wasn't reporting and how I was earning it.

And yes, everyone has broken the law, even if it's just a minor offense. No one is free of sin whether it be religious or man-made/enforced.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

viv212
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I really could care less.

Many of us care for our families and teach them not to judge or think you are above others. I did what I had to do and given the choices back then, I'd proudly do it over again.

And to people like you who want to judge me, it just makes me want to laugh. Your life must not that be great or normal for trying to remain anonymous and putting people down on the internet. People like you can use a little lesson in being down to earth, realistic, tact and understanding.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

I can't help if you are so trashy that you lie and cheat from the government because you can't care for yourself and your kids.

Many of us can care for our families without being lying cheats.    Perhaps someday you can not rip off the government and actually care for your family.   But I doubt it.

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

blues_pagan
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Here is the thing about people living on any kind of GA.  There are at least 2 areas that people should be concerned with when they talk health, physical health and emotional health.  I think rewards in this way are a great way of taking care of your children's emotional health.  People tend to forget that if you only focus on one area the other neglected area will start to pop up in other ways and will affect your overall wellbeing.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM

If you could care less, you would.

You are just one of those people that uses others because you are too lazy to get off your ass and care for your kids.

I can't help it if you are lazy trash that can't care for their family.

You just are.    Others should take care of the kids you have because your ass is too lazy to care for them.

Quoting viv212:

Many of us care for our families and teach them not to judge or think you are above others. I did what I had to do and given the choices back then, I'd proudly do it over again.

And to people like you who want to judge me, it just makes me want to laugh. Your life must not that be great or normal for trying to remain anonymous and putting people down on the internet. People like you can use a little lesson in being down to earth, realistic, tact and understanding.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I didn't think of it that way. I like it :-)

Quoting blues_pagan:

Here is the thing about people living on any kind of GA.  There are at least 2 areas that people should be concerned with when they talk health, physical health and emotional health.  I think rewards in this way are a great way of taking care of your children's emotional health.  People tend to forget that if you only focus on one area the other neglected area will start to pop up in other ways and will affect your overall wellbeing.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

viv212
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM
LMAO!!!!! Lololol

First off last, I have 1 kid. Lol

Secondly, I do work. I am speaking of when I was on PA.

Thirdly, trashy would be someone who has comments like you. Shit, you called me a thief and a liar and I can tell by reading your snotty comments you are probably not a pretty person so you put others down. You're not better than me, you're just a personality on an entertainment site.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

If you could care less, you would.

You are just one of those people that uses others because you are too lazy to get off your ass and care for your kids.

I can't help it if you are lazy trash that can't care for their family.

You just are.    Others should take care of the kids you have because your ass is too lazy to care for them.

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting paganbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)