Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rush Limbaugh On Obama's Win: 'I Went To Bed Last Night Thinking We'd Lost The Country'

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this
Rush Limbaugh On Obama's Win: 'I Went To Bed Last Night Thinking We'd Lost The Country' (AUDIO)
Posted: 11/07/2012 12:01 pm EST Updated: 11/07/2012 3:11 pm EST
Rush Limbaugh
Rush Limbaugh tried to explain Mitt Romney's loss to President Obama on his Wednesday show.
"Small things beat big things yesterday," he said. "Conservatism ... did not lose last night ... it is practically impossible to beat Santa Claus. People are not going to vote against Santa Claus, especially if the alternative is being your own Santa Claus."
He said Romney would have been a great president.
"He may have not been the most optimal candidate, but he's a fine man," he said. "He would have been great for this country."
Romney, he said, had promoted "traditional" values of hard work, which had been rejected: "In a country of children where the option is Santa Claus or work, what wins?"
He dismissed the idea, floated by many conservatives, that the GOP had become too white and insular.
"We have plenty of highly achieved minorities in our party!" he said.
Limbaugh then turned to the exit poll data, which clearly had caused concern.
"I went to bed last night thinking, 'we're outnumbered,'" he said. "I went to bed last night thinking we'd lost the country. I don't know how else you look at this. The first wave of exit polls came in at five o'clock. I looked at it, and I said ... 'this is utter BS, and if it isn't, then we've lost the country.'"
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

irrevelant drivel

greenie63
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Huh? What is this garbled mess?

"Small things beat big things yesterday," he said. "Conservatism ... did not lose last night ... it is practically impossible to beat Santa Claus. People are not going to vote against Santa Claus, especially if the alternative is being your own Santa Claus."

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

knucklehead

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

eh.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
He handles disappointment so well. My way isn't everyone's way so they must be sending us all to hell. He thinks Americans hate real work and want everything free from the government. It's a viewpoint insulated from reality as he has never had to be really poor and stay that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM
13 moms liked this
I know I'll get bashed,but I agree this time with Rush. I to late Tuesday night went to bed with a very heavy heart and deep sadness for the loss of this once great nation. Rush,at least imo obviously isn't always right(as he thinks he is) but to me,he's damn close. I truly believe that four more years of Obama is going to bring us into a new nation of communism and that's what I truly believe in my heart of hearts. People will of course be shocked and stunned and claim they didn't see this coming but mark my words and even Rush's...because of what we as a nation allowed this past Tuesday there is no longer a great America,the land of the free will cease to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Could we please lose limpballs????

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Poor, poor Rush.  

He's lying anyway, how is he going to get as much press as he does with Obama as president?  He didn't go to bed with a sad heart.  He went to bed with a fist pump and 4 more guaranteed years of bitching.  lol

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, we are the new USSR. Power to the people! Give me a break.

Please tell us what how we are a communist nation. Why do I have a funny feeling you know little about communism?

Quoting elzingah36:

I know I'll get bashed,but I agree this time with Rush. I to late Tuesday night went to bed with a very heavy heart and deep sadness for the loss of this once great nation. Rush,at least imo obviously isn't always right(as he thinks he is) but to me,he's damn close. I truly believe that four more years of Obama is going to bring us into a new nation of communism and that's what I truly believe in my heart of hearts. People will of course be shocked and stunned and claim they didn't see this coming but mark my words and even Rush's...because of what we as a nation allowed this past Tuesday there is no longer a great America,the land of the free will cease to be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting elzingah36:

Americans have been brainwashed for decades, Your free will was banished to a pretty fantasy picture....what you have been led to believe in a myriad of issues Universal healthcare for beginners has been mindboggling for the other western nations....and you are thinking it starts now? 

Hollywood is NOT an educational tool LOL

It is certainly crumbling now...but it by no means began now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)