Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Election map vs Civil War map

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I don't know, I didn't post it. Interesting historical context? That's what I thought of it. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Why the need to try and make a model fit an agenda to associate the civil war to American votes in 2012?

Quoting krysstizzle:

The original map comparison works better in this example. If you wanted to use your map, a breakdown of popular vote by county, you'd have to compare it to something like slavery per capita at the county (or similar) level. 

Quoting jcrew6:

You are comparing electoral map to civil war map?

Lets look at popular vote map. Tells a different story. Just goes to show someone( like the OP) can manipulate data to serve a narrow minded agenda.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
This isn't a new trend. It's coming that the south is republican and the north/northeast is democrat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You find it interesting that someone can take one portion )and not complete data ) to serve their agenda? I find it narrow minded.

Quoting krysstizzle:

I don't know, I didn't post it. Interesting historical context? That's what I though of it. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Why the need to try and make a model fit an agenda to associate the civil war to American votes in 2012?

Quoting krysstizzle:

The original map comparison works better in this example. If you wanted to use your map, a breakdown of popular vote by county, you'd have to compare it to something like slavery per capita at the county (or similar) level. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Lets look at popular vote map. Tells a different story. Just goes to show someone( like the OP) can manipulate data to serve a narrow minded agenda.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Not complete how? I find the comparison of state electoral votes and states that had slavery to be a mildly interesting comparsion. 

And what agenda? It's not a secret that the southern states are generally conservative and Republican. It's not like it's a conspiracy, it just is what it is. 

Quoting jcrew6:

You find it interesting that someone can take one portion and not complete data to serve their agenda? I find it narrow minded.

Quoting krysstizzle:

I don't know, I didn't post it. Interesting historical context? That's what I though of it. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting jcrew6:

violetlady
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Interesting ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

that is funny. not in a haha way but in the oh that makes sence kinda way-lol.

How does it make sense?

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
It's funny when people play dumb.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

What exactly is your point?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

see nothings changed...well not much 

jk

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Stephanie329:

It's funny when people play dumb.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

What exactly is your point?

Just wondering what her point is.  I could assume what her point is but I tey not to do that.

And she apparently does not want to explain her point.

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM

All the votes in the blue states...the majority of the blue counties..had big cities in them. Most counties in ALL of the states were red. Unfortunately, the "cities" with the larger populations decided and of course were blue...how much of that is minority? Racist? Sure as hell could be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured