Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

(Fluff) Anybody have a Keurig or Single Cup Coffee Brewer?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 68 Replies

I would like to get a Keurig for the holidays. Does anyone have one or another type of Single Cup Brewer? If so, what is your experience? My hubby and I both drink coffee and tea daily but we like different kinds so I think it would be perfect for us. I was reading reviews online and while some reviews were great, others said the machines don't last. Thanks for your info ladies :)

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I've had a Keurig for a year and I love it. It still works perfectly. I think we have the upgraded model, it was more than the basic and holds more water. My only complaint is that we end up spending a lot more on coffee because a bag or tin of grounds is less expensive than a box of K-cups. The best place to buy K-Cups is actually Amazon. They have larger packs at a better value.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a Tassimo because I like latte's and mocha's my husband had a keurig we recently gave it to my step-daughter and he went back to the regular Krupps coffee pot. I also have a Cuisinart, espresso cappuccino machine

AMBG825
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I have a flaviia machine. I like it but I drink a lot more than one cup at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a Keurig and I LOVE it!!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM
3 moms liked this

I have a Kuerig.  Best advice is to buy reusable filters (My K Cup, Ekocup, Solocup) and beans by the bag.  You will save a lot of money and avoid a ton of garbage from the plastic cups.  :-)

furbabymum
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

We have the keurig at my work. I'd never considered getting one for home because of the insane price of k-cups. However, they now make reusable and fillable k-cups. I bought a set for work because I like to drink weird flavored coffee. A ton cheaper that way!

kanooch1011
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I have a Keurig and I love it.  My husband and my kids bought it for me for Mother's day over a year ago.  Best present I have ever received!  I have the basic model which is perfect for me and I have found that I waste less and as a result I have reduced my overall caffeine intake.  What's even better is you can buy a NON disposable filter for the Keurig and use your own favorite coffee instead of buying the packs (great to have choices)!!!! LOVE IT.

sneffy014
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quoting mikiemom:

I have a Tassimo because I like latte's and mocha's my husband had a keurig we recently gave it to my step-daughter and he went back to the regular Krupps coffee pot. I also have a Cuisinart, espresso cappuccino machine

I'll have to come over for Latte's and Mocha's! I love those too. My morning coffee makes me soo happy!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I had one but I gave it to my MIL. We found it to be expensive. Even when the kcups are on sale they're still about 65 cents a piece for a 12oz coffee.

sneffy014
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Quoting AMBG825:

I have a flaviia machine. I like it but I drink a lot more than one cup at a time

I never heard of Flaviia. Is that a regular coffe pot?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN