Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Coincidence? Obama loses in every state that requires photo ID.

Posted by   + Show Post

"Curiously, Obama lost in every state that requires a photo ID to be produced before voting. A list of closely contested state elections with no voter ID, which narrowly went to Obama include: Minnesota (10), Iowa (6), Wisconsin (10), Nevada (6), Colorado (9), New Mexico (5) and Pennsylvania (20). This amounts to a total of 66 electoral votes. When added to Romney’s total of 205 electoral votes, that would give Romney 271 electoral votes, enough votes to win even without Ohio or Florida.

Romney also likely had the states of Florida and Ohio stolen from him, which don’t require photo IDs. Ohio requires a non-photo ID. Would a library card do? Florida “requests” a photo ID, but doesn’t require it. So what happens if they request a photo ID and the illegal alien Haitian doesn’t have one? Do they just count the vote anyway?"
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (261-270):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:07 AM

ugh, people people people - citizenship and other eligibility to vote is determined during the registration process, if someone is registered to vote requiring a photo ID at the polling place will not stop anything. It makes no sense why don't you people know this.

Quoting CityofRosesMama:

Those are good points. I think it would be a good idea to require a photo ID and US citizen check of some kind. What ideas do you have?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM

here our PM has to win their local seat...if they lose that, they cannot become PM

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Um, I live in MA and have to show my ID every time I vote, to prove my address.

Besides MA is always Democratic.

What I don't get is why the country would vote in a man, while the place he was governor of, didn't even vote for him.

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I live in Massachusetts and never had to show my ID.

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Um, I live in MA and have to show my ID every time I vote, to prove my address.

Besides MA is always Democratic.

What I don't get is why the country would vote in a man, while the place he was governor of, didn't even vote for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Why can't this alleged voter fraud swing both ways? Why can't Romney supporters have engagaged in voter fraud and just not have been very good at it? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Florida asked for I.D. and it went blue so that's not accurate. 

CityofRosesMama
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Actually, it does make sense to have photo ID. I dropped off my husband's, too. I was not questioned at all. Just drove by and handed both to a lady there. My husband asked me to drop it off, but people who have senile, disabled or unconcerned relatives could actually steal their voting forms. People could also steal it from mail boxes or neighbors, if boxes don't lock. It is possible. It's just more accurate to check ID and citizenship status. It should also have paper back-up if on computers.
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Nebraska has no voter ID law. We always go red, because people just look for 'R' and mark that one. Unthinking.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I totally do not "get" that approach.

Quoting Raintree:

Nebraska has no voter ID law. We always go red, because people just look for 'R' and mark that one. Unthinking.

Heather5966
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Its funny, on your little map it shows Florida doesn't require photo id but I hate to bust your bubble but they MADE me drive home and get mine and I had my social security card, and voters registration card, along with multiple credit cards with me. As for the Haitians, as previously stated, they have to register to vote and if they aren't legal, they don't make it on the registry. Learn facts before you talk shit. Stop believing the internet doesn't lie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather5966
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:56 AM
This whole debate is a waste. Have you ALL forgotten that your individual vote doesn't matter anyway. The reason they can make a ruling on the remaining individual votes that haven't been counted is because they look at the trend of the votes that have been counted and we have this wonderful thing called the electoral college and they cast the deciding vote? Personally I voted for bill Clinton, the last president that didn't destroy our foreign policy and run our economy in the ground, yet we wanted to impeach him for getting a blow job in office. wow America we've really got our priorities in order.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)