Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: God or Evolution?

Options:

God

Evolution

Both

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 193

View Results

I'm just curious to know what the next generation will believe. Seems like evolution is what the schools will be teaching. I've been researching this for many years and I feel the evolution theory is as far from being proven as the creation myth-theory.  I'm just wondering what this next generation of mothers will be teaching their kids (I exposed my children to both, but they are grown now). I'm researching this for my next book.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Nancy Madore

www.nmadore.com

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
3 moms liked this

geologically and archeologically we can tell that there were humans on the planet before their god came into existance so I often wonder how they explain that to themselves.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Many don't account for it. They simply think their God is the one and only. Every other god(s) other there are false gods.

Quoting mikiemom:

this is true because many gods/goddesses  existed before the christian god. I often wonder how the christians account for that.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I used to believe in both, now I just believe in evolution.

If creationism is ever proved, that still doesn't mean the Christian God did it.

godsgirl26
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this
G-O-D.
Woop, woop (pumping fist in the air).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this

THANK YOU!!!clapping

Quoting survivorinohio:

Both

NancyMadore
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

A lot of people identify God with religion. Do you think religion is the only evidence to prove or disprove God? 

mcr17
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM
considering there is no possible way God existence can be proven I say evolution
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Both really. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

True.  And just how do YOU know that God  did not create those people?  There is something called BC which indicates that God preceded Jesus.  Therefore, Jesus was NOT running around talking about a `God' no one at the time had ever heard of.  They'd been waiting..........waiting..........

BOTH

Quoting mikiemom:

geologically and archeologically we can tell that there were humans on the planet before their god came into existance so I often wonder how they explain that to themselves.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Many don't account for it. They simply think their God is the one and only. Every other god(s) other there are false gods.

Quoting mikiemom:

this is true because many gods/goddesses  existed before the christian god. I often wonder how the christians account for that.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

If creationism is ever proved, that still doesn't mean the Christian God did it.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
The schools teach my children evolution, as they should. At home we discuss the role God has in evolution.
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Hmmm, I don't know. I'm trying to think of what I thought when I was a Christian.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Through DNA evidence it has been proven that humans have come a very long way over a long period of time. We did not just pop into existance in these forms a few thousand years ago. 

And BC and AD are just terms to denote the common era vs the ancient world. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

True.  And just how do YOU know that God  did not create those people?  There is something called BC which indicates that God preceded Jesus.  Therefore, Jesus was NOT running around talking about a `God' no one at the time had ever heard of.  They'd been waiting..........waiting..........

BOTH

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)