Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: God or Evolution?

Options:

God

Evolution

Both

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 193

View Results

I'm just curious to know what the next generation will believe. Seems like evolution is what the schools will be teaching. I've been researching this for many years and I feel the evolution theory is as far from being proven as the creation myth-theory.  I'm just wondering what this next generation of mothers will be teaching their kids (I exposed my children to both, but they are grown now). I'm researching this for my next book.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Nancy Madore

www.nmadore.com

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I'm going with science because it has a shit ton of evidence. An over whelming amount of evidence. A staggering amount of evidence. I ridiculous amount of evidence. 

Evidence of God: zero

But I still consider myself a spiritual person. I believe in the infinite energy that existed prior to the big bang. 

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Why must it be either/or?

I believe in BOTH. Anyone who doesn't believe God is capable of creating a system that changes and evolves is not giving Him nearly enough credit.

Peanutx3
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I believe in God and I agree with evolution.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I'm a scientific person so I back evolution.  Why can't you teach your children both though?  Why does it always have to be one or the other? 

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting NancyMadore:

A lot of people identify God with religion. Do you think religion is the only evidence to prove or disprove God? 

Nope.

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

The schools teach my children evolution, as they should. At home we discuss the role God has in evolution.

Precisely. Science and religion CAN co-exist.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

name-calling :those heathens! 

Quoting mikiemom:

this is true because many gods/goddesses  existed before the christian god. I often wonder how the christians account for that.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I used to believe in both, now I just believe in evolution.

If creationism is ever proved, that still doesn't mean the Christian God did it.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM
We are an Atheistic household. We will encourage science.
If the kiddos want to delve into various creation stories from around the world, we will support that as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Both? I believe in God and evolution. Science and faith do not need to be mutually exclusive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM
For me a mixture of a higher power and evolution... I believe in the possibility of a god or gods/goddesses and I believe in science.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured