Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: God or Evolution?

Options:

God

Evolution

Both

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 193

View Results

I'm just curious to know what the next generation will believe. Seems like evolution is what the schools will be teaching. I've been researching this for many years and I feel the evolution theory is as far from being proven as the creation myth-theory.  I'm just wondering what this next generation of mothers will be teaching their kids (I exposed my children to both, but they are grown now). I'm researching this for my next book.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Nancy Madore

www.nmadore.com

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

This.

Quoting krysstizzle:

There is ample evidence for evolution. 

There is no evidence of god. 

Evolution is science. Religion is not. 

Fairly straightforward, I think.

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Again, not saying that WE did.  What I  am saying is that I have we have no idea where even those things came from to share origin and/or evolution with.  I rule neither out.  Both.

Quoting mehamil1:

Through DNA evidence it has been proven that humans have come a very long way over a long period of time. We did not just pop into existance in these forms a few thousand years ago. 

And BC and AD are just terms to denote the common era vs the ancient world. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

True.  And just how do YOU know that God  did not create those people?  There is something called BC which indicates that God preceded Jesus.  Therefore, Jesus was NOT running around talking about a `God' no one at the time had ever heard of.  They'd been waiting..........waiting..........

BOTH

Quoting mikiemom:

geologically and archeologically we can tell that there were humans on the planet before their god came into existance so I often wonder how they explain that to themselves.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Many don't account for it. They simply think their God is the one and only. Every other god(s) other there are false gods.

Quoting mikiemom:

this is true because many gods/goddesses  existed before the christian god. I often wonder how the christians account for that.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I used to believe in both, now I just believe in evolution.

If creationism is ever proved, that still doesn't mean the Christian God did it.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

But we do have an idea where it all came from. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Again, not saying that WE did.  What I  am saying is that I have we have no idea where even those things came from to share origin and/or evolution with.  I rule neither out.  Both.

Quoting mehamil1:

Through DNA evidence it has been proven that humans have come a very long way over a long period of time. We did not just pop into existance in these forms a few thousand years ago. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

True.  And just how do YOU know that God  did not create those people?  There is something called BC which indicates that God preceded Jesus.  Therefore, Jesus was NOT running around talking about a `God' no one at the time had ever heard of.  They'd been waiting..........waiting..........

BOT

1Giovanni
by Becca on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I will teach them both. I believe a God created the world and universe and used evolution for how creatures and humans adapt to their environment.

1Giovanni
by Becca on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

As a Christian I don't believe in your god or my god. lol. I believe that "GOD" is the same God, but through out the years people just created how their "God" should be.

That is why I study all religions and my beliefs are bit of all of them. I just call myself Christian because I do believe in "Jesus" as a son of "God." I also don't think that God has a Gender, so I don't call him "Father" or "him".

Quoting mikiemom:

geologically and archeologically we can tell that there were humans on the planet before their god came into existance so I often wonder how they explain that to themselves.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Many don't account for it. They simply think their God is the one and only. Every other god(s) other there are false gods.

Quoting mikiemom:

this is true because many gods/goddesses  existed before the christian god. I often wonder how the christians account for that.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I used to believe in both, now I just believe in evolution.

If creationism is ever proved, that still doesn't mean the Christian God did it.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Evolution isn't about believing. It's about assembling a massive body of evidence and checking it constantly against the rest of the evidence, and formulating a theory that is not contradicted by the evidence.

Belief doesn't enter into the subject.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM

And where did that come from? 

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

BOT

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Where did what come from? 

The current most plausible theory that has the most evidence to support it is that comets hit the early formed earth, loaded with amino acids. With the help of lightening strikes this jump started life on this planet in single celled form. This has been reproduced over and over again in a laboratory setting. What made it possible for the jump start were the electrical strikes. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

And where did that come from? 

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

BOT

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting NancyMadore:

I'm researching this for my next book.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Nancy Madore

www.nmadore.com

I was going to respond about evolution, but I got side tracked looking at your previous book:

LEGACY OF THE WATCHERS (the series)

Thousands of years ago, something came out of the sky that changed the course of human history. Testimonies abound of these ‘angels’ and their hybrid offspring, the ‘Nephilim’ giants. These mighty ‘gods’ quickly rose to power, and the ancient world came alive with industry and culture. Many consider this period in history to be the ‘dawn’ of our civilization. People who lived as hunters and gatherers for hundreds of thousands of years suddenly began settling in one place, cultivating the land and even governing themselves. They invented irrigation, the wheel, protective armor and algebra. They somehow acquired knowledge of our solar system that even modern technology wasn't able to confirm until the 1970s. Most importantly, they began to read and write. Yet an undercurrent of terror was spreading like wildfire, carrying whispers of ‘djinn,’ ‘daeva’ and ‘demons.’

The Watchers were supposed to do just that: watch. But humankind proved far too tempting and they ‘fell’ to earth, taking wives for themselves and even having children. But their children grew into unruly giants whose souls didn’t ascend like human souls, but remained here, on this earth. These errant Nephilim souls haunt the earth to this day. They are the ‘djinn,’ the ‘hidden ones,’ also known as ‘daeva’ and ‘demon.’ They have one purpose—to live. But to live they need bodies.

This chain of events has now reached the point where the djinn need more than just our bodies to survive. They must take back control of the earth, just as in the days when they ruled as gods.

THE HIDDEN ONES, Vol. 1

As CEO of her own thriving company, Nadia Adeire is flush with success, but a secret society dating back to the Essenes believes her to be one of the ancient djinn—the notorious demoness of Hebrew legend, Lilith. What’s more, they have reason to believe that she’s plotting a catastrophic attack on the world.
Nadia is snatched from her ‘perfect’ life and trapped in a maze between a present day disaster and the ancient legends of the djinn. The only way out is to retrace the steps of her deceased grandmother, Helene. The deeper Nadia goes into the past, the harder it will be for her return unscathed. But it is the only way to stop the impending disaster that was set in motion five thousand years ago.

AN EXTRA NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

Though THE HIDDEN ONES is a work of fiction, the historical content within the book is accurate. It is interesting to note how what happened in Mesopotamia still haunts us today. Our religions, our wars, even our worst fears are irrevocably tied to that period in history. Perhaps the past does hold keys to the present, buried among the many artifacts and writings like hidden treasures just waiting to be discovered.

There's a whole load of stuff I could share with you, about Lilith, and why civilisation arose where and when it did, if you're still interested?

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mehamil1:

Where did what come from? 

The current most plausible theory that has the most evidence to support it is that comets hit the early formed earth, loaded with amino acids. With the help of lightening strikes this jump started life on this planet in single celled form. This has been reproduced over and over again in a laboratory setting. What made it possible for the jump start were the electrical strikes.

I think I prefer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN