Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
  • 66 Replies
2 moms liked this

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid ….

But clearly not the taxi bills belonging to some of those most loyal to Romney. Maybe that’s what you get for taking a job with a multi-millionaire who boasts about the fact that he sneaks popcorn into movie theatres in wife’s handbag, so he doesn’t have to pay inflated concession prices for a snack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM

o.O

stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Forbes wrote this seriously? Not knocking them writing about it but the way they did it is suspect.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Quoting stormcris:

Forbes wrote this seriously? Not knocking them writing about it but the way they did it is suspect.

The author is a Forbes contributor... the opinions expressed are hers and not the magazine's

_Kissy_
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Yea, I was a little taken aback myself.

Quoting stormcris:

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
The theater I worked for allows you to bring drinks (no cans, no glass, no liquor) and snacks (just no actual food). No sneaking necessary. I'm not paying $8 for a bucket of popcorn or $6.50 for a large drink. Lol even if I had the millions, I wouldn't pay those prices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Ok then missed that when I went to the site. I was sitting here thinking we had truely hit bottom on journalists or something if this came from forbes.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting stormcris:

The author is a Forbes contributor... the opinions expressed are hers and not the magazine's

Would you prefer to be barbecue or teriyaki?
_Kissy_
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting stormcris:

True. But they did allow it to be published. Its out there for the world to see. Times they are a changein :)

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I wouldn't want to be footing the bills for others either if the job wasn't done. He didn't get to the top of his game in business for no reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Quote:

The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid
Its not over yet.
Quoting acrogodess:

I wouldn't want to be footing the bills for others either if the job wasn't done. He didn't get to the top of his game in business for no reason.

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Yep, but the bills can't be paid of the minions are still spending.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN