Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

Posted by   + Show Post

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid ….

But clearly not the taxi bills belonging to some of those most loyal to Romney. Maybe that’s what you get for taking a job with a multi-millionaire who boasts about the fact that he sneaks popcorn into movie theatres in wife’s handbag, so he doesn’t have to pay inflated concession prices for a snack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM
It does, but his character spoke loud and clear for itself throughout his campaign and that was why he lost.

Quoting mehamil1:

I think that speaks more to Mitt's character than the human beings who worked for him. 

Quoting acrogodess:

Nope. I meant minions. Mindless boobs who wanted to ride the coattails of his rise to power and who were the first to go when he failed.

Quoting mehamil1:

He could have waited till the next day. It was a dick move. Even though they lost those people still busted their ass for him. The least he could have done was give them a ride home. And minions? Don't you mean plebeians or peasants? 

Quoting acrogodess:

Yep, but the bills can't be paid of the minions are still spending.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. And I'm shocked at all this news coming out about how they didn't see it coming. How could they not see it coming?!?!!? 

Quoting acrogodess:

It does, but his character spoke loud and clear for itself throughout his campaign and that was why he lost.
Quoting mehamil1:

I think that speaks more to Mitt's character than the human beings who worked for him. 

Quoting acrogodess:

Nope. I meant minions. Mindless boobs who wanted to ride the coattails of his rise to power and who were the first to go when he failed.
Quoting mehamil1:

He could have waited till the next day. It was a dick move. Even though they lost those people still busted their ass for him. The least he could have done was give them a ride home. And minions? Don't you mean plebeians or peasants? 

Quoting acrogodess:

olivejuice2
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting acrogodess:

So, the people who worked their asses off for months and truly gave their all to see him elected don't even deserve a ride home at the end of the night? No one is claiming they should get to keep the cards indefinitely, but at the very least a heads up was in order. This can't be twisted to be anything other than a dick move. Employees deserve respect, regardless of the outcome of the election. What would a few cab rides cost compared to the massive cost of campaigning?
acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not saying they shouldn't have gotten the ride home. I'm saying I don't understand why people are surprised that he did this. I listened to him speak and he was clearly a douche. Why his douchebaggery is such a surprise to those who did work closely with him just boggles the mind.

Quoting olivejuice2:

Quoting acrogodess:

So, the people who worked their asses off for months and truly gave their all to see him elected don't even deserve a ride home at the end of the night? No one is claiming they should get to keep the cards indefinitely, but at the very least a heads up was in order. This can't be twisted to be anything other than a dick move. Employees deserve respect, regardless of the outcome of the election. What would a few cab rides cost compared to the massive cost of campaigning?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olivejuice2
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Quoting acrogodess:

Oops it sounded to me like you were defending him. I must be overtired, bedtime it is!
acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Lol. I understand. Sleep well.

Quoting olivejuice2:

Quoting acrogodess:

Oops it sounded to me like you were defending him. I must be overtired, bedtime it is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersForever
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Boy is Romney a pig, he showed his true colors now didn't he???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuzyMomma97
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Scary!! Makes me feel that much better about who the current president of the United States is....

Quoting _Kissy_:

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid ….

But clearly not the taxi bills belonging to some of those most loyal to Romney. Maybe that’s what you get for taking a job with a multi-millionaire who boasts about the fact that he sneaks popcorn into movie theatres in wife’s handbag, so he doesn’t have to pay inflated concession prices for a snack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ciuplys
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Not surpise at all!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JonJon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Quoting acrogodess:

They bragged they had more money than Obama and it's good Forbes reported how shallow and short-sighted Romney is.  As the Op stated, the work is not done.  Someone has to clean up and tie up the loose ends, someone has to go back and clean-up.  Who's going to pay for and clean up the hall they used that night for his concession speech? 

Romney basically took out his anger at Obama on his workers who decided to stay on a sinking ship.  I noted how he made it a point to mention Obama's team of campaign workers as if it was they who got him the win and it seems he's decided to blame his own campaign workers as if it is they who got him the loss.  I've been saying all along his campaign workers must be tearing their hair out trying to get him to pay attention to and follow through on their advice.

If you didn't know before, you NOW know what the rest of us have known about Romney all along; he's not a nice man and he's never been that good a businessman which is why this is in Forbes, and he's not a good employer which is also why this is in Forbes. 

Let's see if he pays all the bills or if the vendors are going to have to chase him down or take him to court to get paid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN