Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

Posted by   + Show Post

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid ….

But clearly not the taxi bills belonging to some of those most loyal to Romney. Maybe that’s what you get for taking a job with a multi-millionaire who boasts about the fact that he sneaks popcorn into movie theatres in wife’s handbag, so he doesn’t have to pay inflated concession prices for a snack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This is how the Romney and Republican system works.

Hopefully this article will be a wake-up call...to think outside the alternate universe of money and power.

Try thinking equality and being humane sometimes.How many times does Romney have to stiff people for them to get who he really is.

https://my.barackobama.com/page/share/thank-you-from-president-obama?utm_medium=email&utm_source=obama&utm_content=He+wasnt+just+talking+to+those+of+us+in+the+office++he+was+talking+to+all+of+you&utm_campaign=em12_20121108_jm_nd&source=em12_20121108_jm_nd

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Arrogant Romney is said to be shell shocked at his loss...he let reporters know earlier in the week that he had written his acceptance speech

He wrote no concession speech

Ryan as well, both of their wives cried when they lost.

These are self involved people, they had no clue they could possibly lose...and when they did they thought only of themselves...not the people that worked so hard for them

Not shocking, it speaks to who they are as people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

SMH

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
They are self important fools

Thusrston Howell can't understand why us lazy 47% didn't worship his rich-ness

Quoting mehamil1:

Yes. And I'm shocked at all this news coming out about how they didn't see it coming. How could they not see it coming?!?!!? 

Quoting acrogodess:

It does, but his character spoke loud and clear for itself throughout his campaign and that was why he lost.

Quoting mehamil1:

I think that speaks more to Mitt's character than the human beings who worked for him. 

Quoting acrogodess:

Nope. I meant minions. Mindless boobs who wanted to ride the coattails of his rise to power and who were the first to go when he failed.

Quoting mehamil1:

He could have waited till the next day. It was a dick move. Even though they lost those people still busted their ass for him. The least he could have done was give them a ride home. And minions? Don't you mean plebeians or peasants? 

Quoting acrogodess:

Yep, but the bills can't be paid of the minions are still spending.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meriana
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Just shows what a jerk Romney is. The guy is a multi-millionaire, yet he couldn't spare the funds to ensure his very loyal employees arrived home safely after they'd spent the night supporting his campaign.

The man showed over and over what an egotistical, arrogrant person he is with his notion that if people aren't as wealthy or nearly as wealthy as himself, it's because they didn't work hard enough and therefore are not worthy of his attention.  I never could understand how so many just couldn't see it.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

sorry, I didn't see you had posted this. but I completely agree what a douche. The American people should all take a collective breathe and sigh of relief that the man who cares so little about his own staff would do something like this. Imagine what he would do to the American people that had no connection to him.

Quoting _Kissy_:

And they wanted him for president. Things don't go his way he just drops the bag and moves on. So typical.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Ya he is one big old snake. How shitty of him.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM

A man that will cancel BIG BIRD will cancel the Taxi ride home.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

lol

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

A man that will cancel BIG BIRD will cancel the Taxi ride home.

WORLD'S. BIGGEST. CRYBABY.

I'm sorry, I just find this utterly hilarious. And this guy was an aide to Ron Paul? No surprise there. Here's more from this mustachio'd babyman:

"I strongly urge all other libertarians to do the same. Are you married to someone who voted for Obama, have a girlfriend who voted 'O'. Divorce them. Break up with them without haste. Vow not to attend family functions, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas for example, if there will be any family members in attendance who are Democrats."

LINK: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/eric-dondero-boycott-democrat-libertarian.html

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Maybe that's why the website went up too. No one was paid to make sure it didn't. Those people were still there for him in the middle of the night. The least he could do was to pay for them to get home at that time. Very ugly move. But I don't expect more from him.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM

You should be SYH. The man you supported all along is disturbingly self absorbed.

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)