Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

Posted by   + Show Post

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid ….

But clearly not the taxi bills belonging to some of those most loyal to Romney. Maybe that’s what you get for taking a job with a multi-millionaire who boasts about the fact that he sneaks popcorn into movie theatres in wife’s handbag, so he doesn’t have to pay inflated concession prices for a snack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure his family is ok with that decision.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

lol

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

A man that will cancel BIG BIRD will cancel the Taxi ride home.

WORLD'S. BIGGEST. CRYBABY.

I'm sorry, I just find this utterly hilarious. And this guy was an aide to Ron Paul? No surprise there. Here's more from this mustachio'd babyman:

candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I am smh because I would be willing to bet this article is a bunch of hogwash

Quoting nb34:

You should be SYH. The man you supported all along is disturbingly self absorbed.

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I am unsure if this is true- it appears from most reports that this tale originated from a single staffer that was doing an interview about the inner workings of the campaign- there seems not definitive proof that this is truthful- it COULD be true, I don't discount it as possible- but it could also be a disgruntled or disenchanted staffer. I HOPE it isn't true- I didn't care for MR as possible president but I try not to assume that means he's a bad person, just not one I agree with on the basic platforms.

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

If it were proven true to your satisfaction (whatever that may mean for you) would you have an opinion about the character of MR based on it- or would you simply dismiss it as "good business""?

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting nb34:

You should be SYH. The man you supported all along is disturbingly self absorbed.

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

as we know from their crazy birther conspiracies the only way to prove it to their satisfaction is to transport them back in time so they can witness it first hand.  Their blinders prevent them from seeing anything beyond the lines on their own hand.  

Quoting gotnothinonme:

If it were proven true to your satisfaction (whatever that may mean for you) would you have an opinion about the character of MR based on it- or would you simply dismiss it as "good business""?

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Not surprised at all, but really what a fucking dick move that was.  He could have waited until the next morning until like 8 am or something. 

areid1023
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM

very telling...

Quoting _Kissy_:

Is that what they are? Minions. Is that what workers are? Interesting

my little bug! 11-29-08

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Oh, JonJon. I wasn't defending him. I was simply stating how a business man like him was likely thinking. 

Quoting JonJon:

Quoting acrogodess:

Yep, but the bills can't be paid of the minions are still spending.

They bragged they had more money than Obama and it's good Forbes reported how shallow and short-sighted Romney is.  As the Op stated, the work is not done.  Someone has to clean up and tie up the loose ends, someone has to go back and clean-up.  Who's going to pay for and clean up the hall they used that night for his concession speech? 

Romney basically took out his anger at Obama on his workers who decided to stay on a sinking ship.  I noted how he made it a point to mention Obama's team of campaign workers as if it was they who got him the win and it seems he's decided to blame his own campaign workers as if it is they who got him the loss.  I've been saying all along his campaign workers must be tearing their hair out trying to get him to pay attention to and follow through on their advice.

If you didn't know before, you NOW know what the rest of us have known about Romney all along; he's not a nice man and he's never been that good a businessman which is why this is in Forbes, and he's not a good employer which is also why this is in Forbes. 

Let's see if he pays all the bills or if the vendors are going to have to chase him down or take him to court to get paid.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM

The campaign is over. 

I'd cut the LOC too.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

I guess we're going to have to listen to liberals whining for awhile, considering there is nothing positive they can say about 4 more years of Obama....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured