Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

Posted by   + Show Post

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid ….

But clearly not the taxi bills belonging to some of those most loyal to Romney. Maybe that’s what you get for taking a job with a multi-millionaire who boasts about the fact that he sneaks popcorn into movie theatres in wife’s handbag, so he doesn’t have to pay inflated concession prices for a snack.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineolen/2012/11/08/mitt-romneys-campaign-cancels-staffers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (61-66):
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

These people worked their butts off for him, supported him and he threw them under the bus. I can't imagine him president and really caring about people. Heck, he didn't care for people that were loyal to him. So glad Obama won.

Quoting JonJon:

Romney couldn't pay for the ride back to their homes?  And what if they don't live in Boston; he couldn't pay for them to get on planes to go home and the cab rides from the airport? 

He, himself stayed in a hotel rather than go home to his house which was only 10 minutes away; were any of his workers staying in hotels and did they have a surprise hotel bill to pay?

As soon as he got off the stage he cancelled the credit cards...that was his first thought, to give his people the shaft?  It's beyond comprehension.  He should have given them all a gold watch for putting up with him as long as they did. 

You have to be good to people because you never know when you'll need them again...and you never know if they are going to be approached by the  National Enquirer or the Daily Mail.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

But are they allowed to rack up new ones?   That is what I am asking.

Quoting gdiamante:

The campaign is still allowed to spend money; it has to pay its bills.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Does anyone know about the campaign financing laws?  Are they forbidden from spending money once the campaign is over? And I would think a signal it is over is the concession speech.

candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I can tell you I would not simply dismiss it as "good business".    If this is proven to be true, which I just don't believe, I would think it a rotten thing to do.

Quoting gotnothinonme:

If it were proven true to your satisfaction (whatever that may mean for you) would you have an opinion about the character of MR based on it- or would you simply dismiss it as "good business""?

Quoting candlegal:

I am smh because I would be willing to bet this article is a bunch of hogwash

Quoting nb34:

You should be SYH. The man you supported all along is disturbingly self absorbed.

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM

well they are the 47% ya know :-)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
It's true

And speaks to his character

Quoting candlegal:

I can tell you I would not simply dismiss it as "good business".    If this is proven to be true, which I just don't believe, I would think it a rotten thing to do.

Quoting gotnothinonme:

If it were proven true to your satisfaction (whatever that may mean for you) would you have an opinion about the character of MR based on it- or would you simply dismiss it as "good business""?

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting nb34:

You should be SYH. The man you supported all along is disturbingly self absorbed.

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

there ya go.   Sweets said it is true, so it must be

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

It's true

And speaks to his character

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting gotnothinonme:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Thank you for the honest answer:)

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting gotnothinonme:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting candlegal:

SMH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)