Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Vaccine bombshell baby monkeys develop Autism

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 142 Replies

Vaccine bombshell: Baby monkeys develop autism symptoms after obtaining doses of popular vaccines
on NOVEMBER 3, 2012 · in HEALTH
12:58 pm
By Sola Ogundipe

Following a recent study conducted by scientists at the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which revealed that many infant monkeys given standard doses of childhood vaccines as part of the new research,developed autism symptoms, question marks over the ultimate safety of vaccines have come to the fore.

The groundbreaking research findings presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) in London, England, have revealed that young macaque monkeys given the typical CDC-recommended vaccination schedule from the 1990s, and in appropriate doses for the monkeys’ sizes and ages, tended to develop autism symptoms. Theirunvaccinated counterparts, on the other hand, developed no such symptoms, which points to a strong connection between vaccines and autism spectrum disorders.

This development which deconstructs mainstream myth that vaccines are safe and pose no risk of autism, was brought on by after studies on the type of proper safety research on typical childhood vaccination schedules that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) should have conducted — but never has — for such regimens.

Included in the mix were vaccines containing Thimerosal, a toxic, mercury-based compound that has been phased out of some vaccines, but is still present in batch-size influenza vaccines and a few others.

Also administered was the controversial measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine, which has been linked time and time again to causing autism and various other serious, and often irreversible, health problems in children.

“This research underscores the critical need for more investigation into immunizations, mercury, and the alterations seen in autistic children,” said Lyn Redwood, Director of SafeMinds, a public safety group working to expose the truth about vaccines and autism.
“SafeMinds calls for large scale, unbiased studies that look at autism medical conditions and the effects of vaccines given as a regimen.”

Adding to the sentiment, Theresa Wrangham, president of SafeMinds called out the CDC for failing to require proper safety studies of its recommended vaccination schedules. Unlike all other drugs, which must at least undergo a basic round of safety testing prior to approval and recommendation, vaccinations and vaccine schedules in particular do not have to be proven safe or effective before hitting the market.

“The full implications of this primate study await publication of the research in a scientific journal,” said Wrangham. “But we can say that it demonstrates how the CDC evaded their responsibility to investigate vaccine safety questions. Vaccine safety oversight should be removed from the CDC and given to an independent agency.”

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd like to know what "autism symptoms" the monkeys developed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM
7 moms liked this

How can they tell if a monkey has autism??

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this
Ive been wondering about the real trends of autism.

It didn't start in the twentieth century or something. It has been around for centuries. Some kids were probably a little odd or whatever but before the enlightenment, I wonder how many were abused as changelings. It kinda fits the lore. A normal happy child transforms almost over night into a regressing, physically demanding, and emotionally distant child that wont grow up. The only way to "convince" a changeling to show itself and bring back your child was to beat it or cause it such physical discomfort, it was compelled to leave the beleaguered family. I wonder how many kids died as their own parents tried to beat the location of their 'real' kids out of the poor kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I'll bump the post. I don't know anything about the study and I don't vaccinate myself or my family so it makes little personal difference to me.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

That was my question, how do they tell if a monkey has autism symtoms. If it leads to more studies being done and vaccines be tested thoroughly before appearing on the market and the schedule, GREAT!

This line is interesting, " in appropriate doses for the monkeys’ sizes and ages,". They took size into consideration whereas with children, it's a one size fits all thing.  We all know that children can vary greatly in size, yet a 2 yr old weighing say, 22 lbs receives the same dose as the 2 yr old who weighs 33 lbs. Doesn't sound like a great deal of difference but I wonder if that size difference really could and does have an effect, at least in some children.

caito
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
10 moms liked this

Will people ever let it go? Vaccines don't cause autism. The end.

AdellesMom
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Vaccines don't cause Autism.

How do you know if a monkey has Autism symptoms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

No but certain vaccines DO trigger Autism. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

Vaccines don't cause Autism.

How do you know if a monkey has Autism symptoms?

gsprofval
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not surprised, but wonder how to tell if the monkeys have autism and to what degree.

No child should have 36-50 vaccinations before starting kindergarten. I've read research on both sides of vaccinations and they do cause autism--look at how the cases of autism, especially in boys, has risen dramatically.

If vaccinations didn't cause autism, then the government wouldn't have a fund just to pay parents who prove the vaccinations caused the autism.  Of course, the burden of proof is on the parents, but many have proven it and gotten paid out of the fund.

Themis_Defleo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM
3 moms liked this

A quick google search found this paper http://lizditz.typepad.com/i_speak_of_dreams/2012/05/this-is-going-around-new-study-baby-monkeys-develop-autism-after-routine-cdc-vaccinations.html, which lists some of the "source" posters.  It doesn't appear that most of these studies have actually made it through the peer-review process into scientific journals, which leads me to believe there may be some flaws in the research.

It looks like the vaccinated animals may have exhibited some neurological differences.  That's a far cry from full-blown autism, but it does mae one wonder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)