Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Vaccine bombshell baby monkeys develop Autism

Posted by   + Show Post

Vaccine bombshell: Baby monkeys develop autism symptoms after obtaining doses of popular vaccines
on NOVEMBER 3, 2012 · in HEALTH
12:58 pm
By Sola Ogundipe

Following a recent study conducted by scientists at the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which revealed that many infant monkeys given standard doses of childhood vaccines as part of the new research,developed autism symptoms, question marks over the ultimate safety of vaccines have come to the fore.

The groundbreaking research findings presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) in London, England, have revealed that young macaque monkeys given the typical CDC-recommended vaccination schedule from the 1990s, and in appropriate doses for the monkeys’ sizes and ages, tended to develop autism symptoms. Theirunvaccinated counterparts, on the other hand, developed no such symptoms, which points to a strong connection between vaccines and autism spectrum disorders.

This development which deconstructs mainstream myth that vaccines are safe and pose no risk of autism, was brought on by after studies on the type of proper safety research on typical childhood vaccination schedules that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) should have conducted — but never has — for such regimens.

Included in the mix were vaccines containing Thimerosal, a toxic, mercury-based compound that has been phased out of some vaccines, but is still present in batch-size influenza vaccines and a few others.

Also administered was the controversial measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine, which has been linked time and time again to causing autism and various other serious, and often irreversible, health problems in children.

“This research underscores the critical need for more investigation into immunizations, mercury, and the alterations seen in autistic children,” said Lyn Redwood, Director of SafeMinds, a public safety group working to expose the truth about vaccines and autism.
“SafeMinds calls for large scale, unbiased studies that look at autism medical conditions and the effects of vaccines given as a regimen.”

Adding to the sentiment, Theresa Wrangham, president of SafeMinds called out the CDC for failing to require proper safety studies of its recommended vaccination schedules. Unlike all other drugs, which must at least undergo a basic round of safety testing prior to approval and recommendation, vaccinations and vaccine schedules in particular do not have to be proven safe or effective before hitting the market.

“The full implications of this primate study await publication of the research in a scientific journal,” said Wrangham. “But we can say that it demonstrates how the CDC evaded their responsibility to investigate vaccine safety questions. Vaccine safety oversight should be removed from the CDC and given to an independent agency.”

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I think this is interesting to say the least. I don't really have a dog in this fight though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Quoting romalove:

with a family history like this you should ask to be tested to make sure.
lga1965
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
5 moms liked this
LOL....DR Oz. Alrighty then.
this is just annoying. Kids NEED to be vaccinated.
I think its a mistake to ignore the fact that kids have been vaccinatd for at least 75 years with no complications. And autism has always existed but was undiagnosed. There was no name for it.
Quoting gammie:

By the way Doctor Oz does not vaccinate his family. And they do not do the flu shots!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I don't vaccinate and I don't buy into that at all. I think it's possible but that is a poorly written article and it's not even a published study.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Not autism, but symptoms similar to autism.  Lead poisoning can also lead to autism like symptoms, but it's not true autism.

Quoting GOBryan:

No but certain vaccines DO trigger Autism. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

Vaccines don't cause Autism.

How do you know if a monkey has Autism symptoms?

gammie
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quoting lga1965:

you are ignoring the fact that we did not have this problem 75 years ago. And you do not seem to know that they have add a shit load more to the vaccines.
gammie
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Quoting randi1978:

you are right about the lead poising.
USBrit
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Many parents of children with autism have said that it was shortly after their shots that their children started show the effect of their autism.

:(

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

You act as if I am cold-hearted.  Geez!  Get off your high horse.  I am a compassionate loving person.  I have worked with many kids with disorders, including various autistic ranges.

Autism existed way before vaccines.  Retrospectively, they believe that Albert Einstein was on the Asperger's end of the autism spectrum.  He was born in Germany in 1879, before routine vaccinations.

Of course I am curious about what might be causing children to acquire certain disorders.  But, I strongly believe the vaccine side of things is WAY off mark.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting specialwingz:

Not everything is safe for everyone they need to do more research. Drug Co. pay people to say what they want remember they make a shit load of money so they can pay anyone off.
As a parent I want more research. Common since will tell you this is new, kids are getting sick left and right. You should want to know why?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

75 years ago they may not have had the tools to accurately dx ASDs.

In the 70s, my summers were spent caring for a severely autistic young girl- During the school year she lived in an institution. 

People had autism then, it just wasn't an official dx and the patients were isolated.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting lga1965:

you are ignoring the fact that we did not have this problem 75 years ago. And you do not seem to know that they have add a shit load more to the vaccines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)