Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Frustrating Pregnancy Test Question

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so this is an irritation for me since it should be a no brainer but it turns out it isn't as simple as i used to think.  So here goes.

When i tested for my first son the home test showed very VERY fast and clear that it was positive, two very dark lines for pregnant, yet when i had my doc do the blood test it showed negative and i didn't show positive until almost 3 weeks later on my blood test.

When i tested with my younger son the test showed negative for over an hour before a faint line showed for positive, and when i say faint i mean so faint it was almost invisible. So i went to my doc and she did the blood test and it was positive, so yay preggers.

So here's my problem. I tested two mornings ago since i've been feeling nauseated and just blah lately and threw up the other night *i NEVER throw up when not preg*  but it came up negative so i tossed it in the trash. The trash can knocked over earlier and as i was picking it up i noticed a very faint positive line now on the test.  At first i thought, nah, it's been too long to be accurate *the directions always say not to check after certain hours etc*  yet when i looked it up online all the info is conflicting. Some info says no way, don't trust it and other info says it will never show a positive line if there's no preg hormones to make it react. 

Anyone have any experience with this???

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I told my dr to cut them, tie them, burn them, and shove some Essure in there to block them just in case. :)

Quoting specialwingz:

It depends on whether your doctor cauterized the ends of your tubes or not. If they are cauterized, the odds of pregnancy are next to nil. I'd be calling my doctor to see what type of tubal was done.

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting wickedfiress:

I thought you had your tubes tied? but anywho, let me know if i need to start making baby items!!! lol

Millions of women still get preg after a tubal. I'm more worried about a possibal tubal preg because of it.

Blah, baby items, we just finally got rid of all our baby stuff from the boys and now this possibility LOL. All i know is if i AM preg, it had better be a girl, i think hubbs will go nuts if we have another boy :P

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

=) Know exactly what you mean!  LOL.

Quoting LauraKW:

I told my dr to cut them, tie them, burn them, and shove some Essure in there to block them just in case. :)

Quoting specialwingz:

It depends on whether your doctor cauterized the ends of your tubes or not. If they are cauterized, the odds of pregnancy are next to nil. I'd be calling my doctor to see what type of tubal was done.

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting wickedfiress:

I thought you had your tubes tied? but anywho, let me know if i need to start making baby items!!! lol

Millions of women still get preg after a tubal. I'm more worried about a possibal tubal preg because of it.

Blah, baby items, we just finally got rid of all our baby stuff from the boys and now this possibility LOL. All i know is if i AM preg, it had better be a girl, i think hubbs will go nuts if we have another boy :P

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Bahahahhaaaaa! Apparently, when I questioned Bill O'Reilly as my baby daddy, the truth came out...My 46 year old body is carrying Fabio's child. LOL

Quoting Woodbabe:

I never ever tested positive on a pee test with either pregnancy! 

*shify eyes*

Since it's CM I feel obligated to refer your pregnancy question to this expert site:

http://www.thepregnancytester.com/

New World Peace

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
A, get a digital two-pack. One morning collect urine in a cup and dip one. Skip a day and pee on the other. Both the damn things said PREGNANT for me last time, so I knew my parasitic little angel was on his way.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm apparently having a 15 pound 9 ounce boy with Fabio 0_0

sydneysmommy1st
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

My brothers ex-wife had her tubes tied after her first child with her new husband and when that baby was 2 years old she found out she was pregnant again with TWINS after having her tubes tied she had boy/girl twins lol just thought i would share i hope you end up with whatever decision you are truely wanting be that preggo or not gl!

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure it was likely an evap line but we'll find out soon enough *after hubs gets off work lol*  Strangely he's actually hoping it's positive, the guy who always swore he only wanted 2 kids, go figure.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM
:) he wants a little Princess!

Quoting Arroree:

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure it was likely an evap line but we'll find out soon enough *after hubs gets off work lol*  Strangely he's actually hoping it's positive, the guy who always swore he only wanted 2 kids, go figure.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM
It took 2 blood tests for this pregnancy to show up positive. Only after my 2nd blood test did a home pregnancy test show up positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I would say just test again.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN