Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Frustrating Pregnancy Test Question

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so this is an irritation for me since it should be a no brainer but it turns out it isn't as simple as i used to think.  So here goes.

When i tested for my first son the home test showed very VERY fast and clear that it was positive, two very dark lines for pregnant, yet when i had my doc do the blood test it showed negative and i didn't show positive until almost 3 weeks later on my blood test.

When i tested with my younger son the test showed negative for over an hour before a faint line showed for positive, and when i say faint i mean so faint it was almost invisible. So i went to my doc and she did the blood test and it was positive, so yay preggers.

So here's my problem. I tested two mornings ago since i've been feeling nauseated and just blah lately and threw up the other night *i NEVER throw up when not preg*  but it came up negative so i tossed it in the trash. The trash can knocked over earlier and as i was picking it up i noticed a very faint positive line now on the test.  At first i thought, nah, it's been too long to be accurate *the directions always say not to check after certain hours etc*  yet when i looked it up online all the info is conflicting. Some info says no way, don't trust it and other info says it will never show a positive line if there's no preg hormones to make it react. 

Anyone have any experience with this???

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Replies (41-45):
punky3175
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM
So....how did retest go?

Quoting Arroree:

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure it was likely an evap line but we'll find out soon enough *after hubs gets off work lol*  Strangely he's actually hoping it's positive, the guy who always swore he only wanted 2 kids, go figure.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The retest came out negative and then my period finally started but i'm still having lovely preggo symptoms, so either i'm preg *i had a period the first 4 months of my last preg* or i'm having a false preg. Either way i'm just annoyed LOL.  My hormones have been all out of whack since i had my younger boy so i'm guessing it's just a false preg.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You guys are hilarious with all the online preg test results LOL.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM
I wish you luck!

All 3 of my kids the lines popped up positive within 30 seconds. BAM! LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yes! And our kids will have beautiful flowing hair:)

Quoting punky3175:

HEY! I'm carrying his he's such a man whore!

*shrugs* I'd much rather share a baby daddy with you than some other people.

Quoting NWP:

Bahahahhaaaaa! Apparently, when I questioned Bill O'Reilly as my baby daddy, the truth came out...My 46 year old body is carrying Fabio's child. LOL

Quoting Woodbabe:

I never ever tested positive on a pee test with either pregnancy! 

*shify eyes*

Since it's CM I feel obligated to refer your pregnancy question to this expert site:

http://www.thepregnancytester.com/

New World Peace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)