Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who was President when you were born?

Posted by   + Show Post

And what Election was the 1st that you were able to vote in?

When I was born Regan was President and the 1st time I was able to vote was 2008 (Obama vs. McCain). How about you?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
nataliesmom2012
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM
George H. W. Bush was president when I was born. This election was the first I was able to vote. Obama/Romney.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Kennedy...and I voted for Ronald Reagan in November of '79.

Me too but Reagan won in November of 1980.  It was my first election and I had to register when I was 17 because my birthday is November 3rd, just a couple of days before the presidential election that year.

romalove
by Roma on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:05 AM
3 moms liked this

A small funny story about how things can grow in your mind and alter reality:

When I was growing up, my mother, who idolized John F. Kennedy, used to tell me all the time that she was in the hospital giving birth to me and therefore missed her first time voting, and missed her chance to vote for JFK.  I heard this for years.  Well, when I was in high school, and taking history, I realized that JFK's election was in 1960 and I was born in 1962, Kennedy was already president (in fact he was assassinated in 1963).  My mother, who had turned 21 in September right before I was born, and this was voting age, indeed missed her first time to vote, but had inflated the importance of missing that vote by insisting she didn't get her chance to vote for JFK because of my birth.  :-)

radioheid
by Libertarian on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Reagan (first term). I first voted in 2004...I was a couple months shy of voting in 2000.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Kennedy had just been assinated and Johnson was sworn in.  My first vote was for Reagans second term.

Mortiferouslatt
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Bush Sr. My first election was 2008.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Nixon was president in 1972, and I was able to vote for first time in 1992-Clinton.

andiemomo3
by Andie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Nixon was president when I was born.  The first election I voted in was Bush/Clinton/Perot.  

_Kissy_
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Carter was President. I was born January 20, so I share inauguration day with the presidents. 2004 was the first election I voted in. 

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Carter was president and I voted in the 2000 election.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)