Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll: Should states secede if the people want it?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 146 Replies

Poll

Question: Should states secede if the people want it?

Options:

Yes - If majority says secede then SECEDE!

Kinda - Let their state government make the decision.

No - It is nonsense!

Yes but they move to their own island.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I say, we take the people who want to secede, give them their own land, let them make their own country, no dual citizenship.. and be done with it. That is only because it is so FEW people.

What do you think?

*** UPDATE

I love the Mom responses. XBox vs PS3, Halloween candy.

This is more proof that women should rule the world ;-)

We are really riding the middle with either Let Them Do It or No Way Jose! Maybe there should be another selection as well - 5) Let us vote on seceding from those who want to secede from us.

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
10 moms liked this

Let the idiots give it ago.  We could film them and make a new reality show out of it.  

As for dual citizenship, I think that gives them an "out" when they fall flat. If they want to leave they should do it without the Federal safety net.  

needabreak8
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I think no one signing these petitions really wants to secede.. they are sending a message of how unhappy they are about how our government is being ran..

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I feel there will be a constitutional convention being called soon before states just start to secede from the union.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I agree. If you hate the way the US is that much then why get any of our benefits? You are not Peurto Rico :-)

Quoting katy_kay08:

Let the idiots give it ago.  We could film them and make a new reality show out of it.  

As for dual citizenship, I think that gives them an "out" when they fall flat. If they want to leave they should do it without the Federal safety net.  

pregnancy calendar

PamR
by Pam on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
12 moms liked this

No one is going to secede from the country.  It's a ridiculous hissy fit by a bunch of whiners.  Get over it.

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM
4 moms liked this

There's just a bunch of boohooin' goin' on right now.  I honestly think they should have their rights stripped right now...send their asses somewhere.  If you're at the point where you want to file (and sign) petitions wanting to no longer be apart of this country, we should be at the point where we grant them what they want.  Take away their rights, their social security cards, their benefits, and citizenship.  These people make me sick and to live in Texas surrounded by these sobbin' babies not only angers me but embarasses the fuck out of me.  I ain't goin' anywhere, but I think we should send their asses somewhere, apparently they no longer wish to be American.  I do, Texas and the rest of the states are America and they either need to get the fuck over it or get the fuck out.

LoveMyKBabies
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM
13 moms liked this
No. If you got a PS3, but your kids wanted an XBox360 & threatened to move out if they didn't get it, would you exchange the PS3 for a 360 or make your kids deal with having a PS3? This is quite honestly all I'm seeing. Spoiled kids that didn't get their way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
6 moms liked this

No, we are a union and states do not have the authority to secede without consent of the other states or by a successful revolution.  Stick it out you unfaithful dumbasses, we're all partners.  If you want out of the union then leave the union, but you're not taking the state or its resources with you.

bowhips
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Quoting LoveMyKBabies:

No. If you got a PS3, but your kids wanted an XBox360 & threatened to move out if they didn't get it, would you exchange the PS3 for a 360 or make your kids deal with having a PS3? This is quite honestly all I'm seeing. Spoiled kids that didn't get their way.

RLT2
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Should my 5 yr old get to eat Halloween candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner because she wants too?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)