Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll: Should states secede if the people want it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should states secede if the people want it?

Options:

Yes - If majority says secede then SECEDE!

Kinda - Let their state government make the decision.

No - It is nonsense!

Yes but they move to their own island.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I say, we take the people who want to secede, give them their own land, let them make their own country, no dual citizenship.. and be done with it. That is only because it is so FEW people.

What do you think?

*** UPDATE

I love the Mom responses. XBox vs PS3, Halloween candy.

This is more proof that women should rule the world ;-)

We are really riding the middle with either Let Them Do It or No Way Jose! Maybe there should be another selection as well - 5) Let us vote on seceding from those who want to secede from us.

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (141-146):
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

OMFG, oh so you don't think wanting to secede is extreme??? The President SHOWED his birth certificate....you lost all (very little) credibility you may have had..........SMFH

Quoting raegansmom:

I thought we were talking about secession from the nation, not extremeist groups?  What is wrong with wanting a birth certificate from a president when one of the laws to become president is to be born in the US?

Quoting lga1965:

They WERE angry 4 years ago.

For goodness sake !

Google it. The KKK and the White Supremicsts have wanted him OUT since 2008. Radical right nuts have been trying to "impeach" him. LOL. The BIRTHERS started in on his birth certificate more than 4 years ago.And that's just some evidence...

duhhh....

Quoting raegansmom:

If they were angry over his race, they would have been angry 4 years ago. Race has nothing to do with it. It is because of the job the government has done as a whole. I have not seen one indication that this is race related. I would happily check out any credible source you have to the contrary.

Quoting lga1965:

yes and that should give you a hint as to why hostility towards (his ) government and threats on his life have increased unlike with any other President since 2008. Pretty obvious why these nuts want to secede...its because he won  again ...

and they thought Romney would.

Quoting raegansmom:

I think the president was just as black 4 years ago as he is now.

Quoting lga1965:

What do you think?

Quoting raegansmom:

You think this is a race issue?

Quoting lga1965:

Lol.......its just the same as it always was.

I have been reading about Government since grade school and voting since 1964.

The one thing that is different now is that we have our first black president.

Quoting raegansmom:

Clearly they disagree. They obviously feel they need to protest.

If you don't think the way the government is run is corrupt, you may need a doctor.

Quoting lga1965:

Oh for goodness sake.

I am saying they have nothing to protest about!

And I also think anyone who talks about revolution or fighting in the streets should see a Doctor.

Quoting raegansmom:

Would you rather they protest violently or loudly? They could still get their pint across but put lives in danger & monopolize our police & military forces.

Quoting lga1965:

Their right to look like jerks? Alrighty then.

How embarrassing .

Quoting raegansmom:

They are exercising their right to peaceful protest. They know the president will not grant it. They just want their voices to be heard.

raegansmom
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I don't need credability with people I don't know.  If I remember correctly, Obama was not very forthcoming with the birth certificate, but it doesn't really matter at this point.

And no, I don't agree with what they are doing, but I would much rather a peaceful protest than a violent one.  Who are they hurting?  They want their voices to be heard & they are being heard & discussed. 

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

OMFG, oh so you don't think wanting to secede is extreme??? The President SHOWED his birth certificate....you lost all (very little) credibility you may have had..........SMFH

Quoting raegansmom:

I thought we were talking about secession from the nation, not extremeist groups?  What is wrong with wanting a birth certificate from a president when one of the laws to become president is to be born in the US?

Quoting lga1965:

For goodness sake !

Google it. The KKK and the White Supremicsts have wanted him OUT since 2008. Radical right nuts have been trying to "impeach" him. LOL. The BIRTHERS started in on his birth certificate more than 4 years ago.And that's just some evidence...

duhhh....

Quoting raegansmom:

If they were angry over his race, they would have been angry 4 years ago. Race has nothing to do with it. It is because of the job the government has done as a whole. I have not seen one indication that this is race related. I would happily check out any credible source you have to the contrary.

Quoting lga1965:

yes and that should give you a hint as to why hostility towards (his ) government and threats on his life have increased unlike with any other President since 2008. Pretty obvious why these nuts want to secede...its because he won  again ...

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

What do you think?

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting raegansmom:

If you don't think the way the government is run is corrupt, you may need a doctor.

Quoting lga1965:

Oh for goodness sake.

And I also think anyone who talks about revolution or fighting in the streets should see a Doctor.

Quoting raegansmom:

Would you rather they protest violently or loudly? They could still get their pint across but put lives in danger & monopolize our police & military forces.

Quoting lga1965:

How embarrassing .

Quoting raegansmom:

They are exercising their right to peaceful protest. They know the president will not grant it. They just want their voices to be heard.

shawnypooh4
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Move those who want to secede to North Dakota and remove their American status and make them the country of Dakota....They would die trying to become american citizens again once they realize they have no disaster support, no treaty with the US for goods, no gas supplies, no education funding, no food support, nothing but each other, land, snow and Moose Meat.

momsince1989
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that those who signed the petition to secede should be charged with treason and thrown in prison for attempting to incite civil war...these are dangerous waters they are treading, very dangerous and it's insulting to the rest of the people in those great states that don't want to secede!

As a matter of fact we have a prison waiting for them...Guantanomo Bay!

lga1965
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Some of the extremists also have been discussing it also.
Face the facts.

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

For goodness sake !

duhhh....

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

What do you think?

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

Oh for goodness sake.

Quoting raegansmom:

Quoting lga1965:

How embarrassing .

Quoting raegansmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM

From hearing everyone's opinion it seems like the women of cafemom's decision is to...

Let the individual people that want to secede do it but they are their own country, not an american territory or dual citizenship. Individual people because most of the petitioners are not from the state they signed the petition in. They get their own state (not island, bummer) which will have a border.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)