Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll: Should states secede if the people want it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should states secede if the people want it?

Options:

Yes - If majority says secede then SECEDE!

Kinda - Let their state government make the decision.

No - It is nonsense!

Yes but they move to their own island.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I say, we take the people who want to secede, give them their own land, let them make their own country, no dual citizenship.. and be done with it. That is only because it is so FEW people.

What do you think?

*** UPDATE

I love the Mom responses. XBox vs PS3, Halloween candy.

This is more proof that women should rule the world ;-)

We are really riding the middle with either Let Them Do It or No Way Jose! Maybe there should be another selection as well - 5) Let us vote on seceding from those who want to secede from us.

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this

These "patriots" sure seem to hate America.

piratepixie
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM

i think that it should just be one state that is allowed and that only people that want to be a part of it should live there.... i think texas is big enough for all of them to live in so they all can just start moving there and we can say goodbye to a whole lot of fussy whiney people that think they are better then everyone else!

i would love to see just how long it would be before everything starts to fall apart....

radioheid
by Libertarian on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely not, and the traitors who want to leave are free to leave whenever they want---they just aren't taking one scrap of AMERICAN land with them. We ought to start a petition to raise the money to put them all on a rocket to go kick rocks on the moon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriAnne2606
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Actually Texas does have the right to secede according to our constitution and how we came into the Union (if I remember my Texas History correctly).  But, living in Texas, I know that I'd rather the idiots who are whining be kicked out and made to live elsewhere.  Don't spoil it for those of us who aren't crying boohoo.   

Quoting LauraKW:

No, we are a union and states do not have the authority to secede without consent of the other states or by a successful revolution.  Stick it out you unfaithful dumbasses, we're all partners.  If you want out of the union then leave the union, but you're not taking the state or its resources with you.

kjoarcik
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

OKay, so I went to the 'We the people' website to check out the petitions. I found the one for my state (Pennsylvania)...and just looking through the first few lines of people....it's not even people in PA that are signing it!  haha

Now that is amusing.

TerriAnne2606
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Honey - most of us don't want them here in Texas.  And we have lots of guns and can stand our ground.  Go somewhere else.

Quoting piratepixie:

i think that it should just be one state that is allowed and that only people that want to be a part of it should live there.... i think texas is big enough for all of them to live in so they all can just start moving there and we can say goodbye to a whole lot of fussy whiney people that think they are better then everyone else!

i would love to see just how long it would be before everything starts to fall apart....

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

You would be hard pressed to find a state in which every single person wants to secede, so the answer is no.

But let's go ahead and let the morons secede together and leave those of us who have no desire to do such an idiotic thing, alone.

I don't see Texas seceding anyway, so I'm just ranting. lol

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Yeah, I'm in favor of booting their winey asses off on an island and while we'er at it, send the bigots and the religious extremists too!  Let's see if they can play well together on their little island.

Quoting gcecelie:

So no one wants to put them on an Island like me? Geesh :-)

I say once a kid is no longer in HS and they want to act grown, show them what grown is! The fear of making the threat kept me in my place as a child, maybe they need some fear of people saying, "Ok, you can leave... but only take what you bought."

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Make sure you either give back or compensate the rest of us for all that federally owned land also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM

We have enough of our own idiots. I certainly don't want it boiling over with more.  

It wouldn't be fair to those who don't want it to have to either deal with it or move to another state. Let the idiots find their own little island. Hopefully surrounded by sharks.

Quoting piratepixie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)