Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll: Should states secede if the people want it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should states secede if the people want it?

Options:

Yes - If majority says secede then SECEDE!

Kinda - Let their state government make the decision.

No - It is nonsense!

Yes but they move to their own island.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I say, we take the people who want to secede, give them their own land, let them make their own country, no dual citizenship.. and be done with it. That is only because it is so FEW people.

What do you think?

*** UPDATE

I love the Mom responses. XBox vs PS3, Halloween candy.

This is more proof that women should rule the world ;-)

We are really riding the middle with either Let Them Do It or No Way Jose! Maybe there should be another selection as well - 5) Let us vote on seceding from those who want to secede from us.

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
lga1965
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
.....how our government is being RUN.
It is being RUN a lot better than it was in the Bush years.

Quoting needabreak8:

I think no one signing these petitions really wants to secede.. they are sending a message of how unhappy they are about how our government is being ran..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

This is just yet another ridiculous "I'm taking my ball & going home" whiny tantrums. Impossible.

gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I truly enjoy the idea of petitioning to have them leave by everyone else. Let us vote on it, they get to have 1 state (or island) to themselves, no federal help, no dual citizenship, no election voting, no self-governng territory status.

And a border. They have to pass through immigrations to pass country lines.

Quoting radioheid:

Absolutely not, and the traitors who want to leave are free to leave whenever they want---they just aren't taking one scrap of AMERICAN land with them. We ought to start a petition to raise the money to put them all on a rocket to go kick rocks on the moon.

pregnancy calendar

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Brilliant idea, we could actually make money from this as California where the entertainment industry is located would profit big time.

I agree with the no safety net and I officially signed the petition to revoke their citizenship. We should have a one-for-one swap. For each person that wants to secede from the union one illegal alien gets a free pass to citizenship.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Let the idiots give it ago.  We could film them and make a new reality show out of it.  

As for dual citizenship, I think that gives them an "out" when they fall flat. If they want to leave they should do it without the Federal safety net.  

needabreak8
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting needabreak8:

I think no one signing these petitions really wants to secede.. they are sending a message of how unhappy they are about how our government is being ran..

You realize more than half the nation feels other wise

lga1965
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Only in YOUR opinion.

Quoting needabreak8:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting needabreak8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanetMonroe1991
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting needabreak8:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting needabreak8:

You do realize that is complete crap right? Considering that if that was true Romney would have won and not Obama. But Romney didn't win the popular vote either. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM

the roughly 21 million citizens of texas that didn't vote for Romney, hell we could probably add 3/4 of the 4.5 or so million that voted for Romney would be backed by the US govt and military lol

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Honey - most of us don't want them here in Texas.  And we have lots of guns and can stand our ground.  Go somewhere else.

Quoting piratepixie:

i think that it should just be one state that is allowed and that only people that want to be a part of it should live there.... i think texas is big enough for all of them to live in so they all can just start moving there and we can say goodbye to a whole lot of fussy whiney people that think they are better then everyone else!

i would love to see just how long it would be before everything starts to fall apart....

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Amen TerriAnne! Do not send them here

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Honey - most of us don't want them here in Texas.  And we have lots of guns and can stand our ground.  Go somewhere else.

Quoting piratepixie:

i think that it should just be one state that is allowed and that only people that want to be a part of it should live there.... i think texas is big enough for all of them to live in so they all can just start moving there and we can say goodbye to a whole lot of fussy whiney people that think they are better then everyone else!

i would love to see just how long it would be before everything starts to fall apart....

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM
One of those benefits is the Constitution and the idea of rebellion is there presented by our founding fathers

Quoting gcecelie:

I agree. If you hate the way the US is that much then why get any of our benefits? You are not Peurto Rico :-)

Quoting katy_kay08:

Let the idiots give it ago.  We could film them and make a new reality show out of it.  

As for dual citizenship, I think that gives them an "out" when they fall flat. If they want to leave they should do it without the Federal safety net.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)