Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll: Should states secede if the people want it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should states secede if the people want it?

Options:

Yes - If majority says secede then SECEDE!

Kinda - Let their state government make the decision.

No - It is nonsense!

Yes but they move to their own island.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I say, we take the people who want to secede, give them their own land, let them make their own country, no dual citizenship.. and be done with it. That is only because it is so FEW people.

What do you think?

*** UPDATE

I love the Mom responses. XBox vs PS3, Halloween candy.

This is more proof that women should rule the world ;-)

We are really riding the middle with either Let Them Do It or No Way Jose! Maybe there should be another selection as well - 5) Let us vote on seceding from those who want to secede from us.

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
parrishsky
by Maxfield on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I think the people (who are so few) should just leave the country if they hate it that much... They're fueled by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, so he should leave with them!

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

louzannalady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

So, it is now inappropiate for people to state they are unhappy with how things are being run? The people signing these petitions (and I have not signed!) are not all wanting their state to leave this country. If they really wanted that, they would go the legal routes and talk with their state government. They are presented by private citizens within states, that want their voices heard. These petitions were submitted through the White House's PR program, called "We The People", which was made so that the administration is more likely to issue a statement about the topic presented. This is not about leaving the country for most. This is about speaking up against those in the House and Senate that keep supporting occupation of oil-rich nations and pass other laws that line their own pockets or that of their special interests. Yeah, there are some who want to leave, but most of these people are just fed up with the status quo. Most of the people who signed this petition, that I have spoken with are some of the proud, most patriotic men and women I know. They are just so horribly appalled at what they are seeing from the leaders- not just one leader- but a majority of their leaders and want a government they can be proud of. They hope that this is a wake up calll for our Federal government to do better.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM

The federal Constitution supercedes states' Constitutions.  I'm in Texas also, agree that the whiners need to quit crying like little girls.

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Actually Texas does have the right to secede according to our constitution and how we came into the Union (if I remember my Texas History correctly).  But, living in Texas, I know that I'd rather the idiots who are whining be kicked out and made to live elsewhere.  Don't spoil it for those of us who aren't crying boohoo.   

Quoting LauraKW:

No, we are a union and states do not have the authority to secede without consent of the other states or by a successful revolution.  Stick it out you unfaithful dumbasses, we're all partners.  If you want out of the union then leave the union, but you're not taking the state or its resources with you.

gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Watch out who you quote! Thomas Paine...

http://www.cracked.com/article_18606_8-historic-symbols-that-mean-opposite-what-you-think.html

Quoting louzannalady:

So, it is now inappropiate for people to state they are unhappy with how things are being run? The people signing these petitions (and I have not signed!) are not all wanting their state to leave this country. If they really wanted that, they would go the legal routes and talk with their state government. They are presented by private citizens within states, that want their voices heard. They were submitted through the White House's PR program, called "We The People", which was made so that the administration is more likely to issue a statement about the topic presented. This is not about leaving the country for most. This is about speaking up against those in the House and Senate that keep supporting occupation of oil-rich nations and pass other laws that line their own pockets or that of their special interests. Yeah, there are some who want to leave, but most of these people are just fed up with the status quo. Most of the people who signed this petition, that I have spoken with are some of the proud, most patriotic men and women I know. They are just so horribly appalled at what they are seeing from the leaders- not just one leader- but a majority of their leaders and want a government they can be proud of. They hope that this is a wake up calll for our Federal government to do better. 

pregnancy calendar

gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Nope! As Queen GCecelie, I revoke them all!

Can I say, "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" too?

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

One of those benefits is the Constitution and the idea of rebellion is there presented by our founding fathers

Quoting gcecelie:

I agree. If you hate the way the US is that much then why get any of our benefits? You are not Peurto Rico :-)

Quoting katy_kay08:

Let the idiots give it ago.  We could film them and make a new reality show out of it.  

As for dual citizenship, I think that gives them an "out" when they fall flat. If they want to leave they should do it without the Federal safety net.  

pregnancy calendar

jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM

People are stupid.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Only if you paint the roses red and speak with a British accent

Quoting gcecelie:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

One of those benefits is the Constitution and the idea of rebellion is there presented by our founding fathers

Quoting gcecelie:

I agree. If you hate the way the US is that much then why get any of our benefits? You are not Peurto Rico :-)

Quoting katy_kay08:

Let the idiots give it ago.  We could film them and make a new reality show out of it.  

As for dual citizenship, I think that gives them an "out" when they fall flat. If they want to leave they should do it without the Federal safety net.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM

That works.

...And they can eat cake too while I am at it.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Only if you paint the roses red and speak with a British accent

Quoting gcecelie:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting gcecelie:

Quoting katy_kay08:

pregnancy calendar

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM

If a super majority want it, then yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)