Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill Kristol Admits: Raising Millionaires’ Taxes ‘Won’t Kill The Country’

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Boehner, McConnell, not ready to back popular, practical plan.

Kristol

Originally posted on ThinkProgress.

Even before the election results came in Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) was focused on narrowing options for compromise to resolve the looming “fiscal cliff,” saying he  would not support a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans . But on Fox News Sunday, conservative Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol counseled Republican leadership to stop “falling on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires”:

I think honest debate, fresh thinking, leadership in the Republican party and the leadership in the conservative movement has to pull back, let people float new ideas. Let’s have a serious debate. Don’t scream and yell over what one person says.

You know what? It won’t kill the country if Republicans raise taxes a little bit on millionaires. It really won’t, I don’t think.

I don’t really understand why Republicans don’t take Obama’s offer to freeze taxes for everyone below $250,000. Make it $500,000, make it a million.

Really? The Republican party is gonna fall on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires, half of whom voted Democratic, and half of whom live in Hollywood and are hostile to Republicans?

Watch it:

Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) infamous budget proposal would have cut taxes on those making more than $1 million, while ending tax cuts for those with the lowest incomes — a plan  Kristol predicted Republicans would have difficulty defending . But even in the face of poor election results and exit polls that showed  60 percent of Americans  support higher taxes for the wealthy, Boehner reiterated his opposition to raising taxes on Friday,  as did  Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

What's the worst that could happen, jobs get created. lol

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

BUMP!

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

they were brainwashed by the realistic liberal media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

they were brainwashed by the realistic liberal media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who notices how the *Usual (conservative/tea bagger/right winger) Suspects* in this group don't seem to come into posts like these so much???

Eh, true to ideologue form. If it challenges the way you think things ought to be, well then presto! Ignore those pesky facts & reality based thought!

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I have seen a couple in the super conspiracy threads. I told A(sinine)friend that I was not interacting with her until she said something intelligent, then told her bye. I haven't run across her with the new name yet

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Am I the only one who notices how the *Usual (conservative/tea bagger/right winger) Suspects* in this group don't seem to come into posts like these so much???

Eh, true to ideologue form. If it challenges the way you think things ought to be, well then presto! Ignore those pesky facts & reality based thought!

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

I have seen a couple in the super conspiracy threads. I told A(sinine)friend that I was not interacting with her until she said something intelligent, then told her bye. I haven't run across her with the new name yet

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

In this group, or elsewhere? 

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:53 AM

in hereNW was in one of the seceding posts

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

in hereNW was in one of the seceding posts 

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting motha2daDuchess:

Gotcha, TY.

gammie
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

The only reason it can't work as well as people think it's because like the Clinton's, Bushes, the liberal Hollywood put their money over seas in banks where the government can't touch.

It the working class small business owners will be the one's that will have pay.

The people you hate you can't touch they control the government, you should know you keep electing puppets!

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so used to hyperbolic BS from Republican pundits, that when one actually says something based in reality, I am taken aback.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)