Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy crap ill admit i didnt think it was real but

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 100 Replies
I'm reading a story on aol right now that tx has qualified to secession. I'll admit I did not think it would happen and this would all fizzle out but now I'm not so sure.... Holy hell man and my state wants to secession to!!! Tx has over 81000 signatures!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

They qualified to be heard by some committee.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/secession-petitions-gain-steam-article-1.1201439

Secession petitions gain steam, but Texas Gov. Rick Perry says he doesn’t approve

Gov. Rick Perry has famously joked in the past about Texas breaking away from the U.S., but his spokesperson said he doesn’t approve of the Internet campaign that has swelled to include secession petitions from more than 35 states.

skyelyns_mommie
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Ah now I see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joqui
by Joqui on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM

ok ... hypothetically speaking... if Texas manages to leave the union... would they lose all American rights? would they have to start over and start their own constitution? I do believe they are economically able to maintain themselves BUT we depend on a lot of federal money for schools, roads TOLL ROADS, safety, etc. I don't think these people are thinking about it all the way through I just would like to know their theory. If you secede, now what? What "RIGHTS" do you have? Because the beauty of being American is being born with certain inalienable rights, you are practically telling the people of Texas to give up these rights and "come up" with new ones? or am I mistaken?

Pema_Jampa
Only on CafeMom...
Tuesday at 6:51 PM
by SxyTaco on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
5 moms liked this

Well they better come up with a military quick before some country invades and make them their b****. 

Quoting Joqui:

ok ... hypothetically speaking... if Texas manages to leave the union... would they lose all American rights? would they have to start over and start their own constitution? I do believe they are economically able to maintain themselves BUT we depend on a lot of federal money for schools, roads TOLL ROADS, safety, etc. I don't think these people are thinking about it all the way through I just would like to know their theory. If you secede, now what? What "RIGHTS" do you have? Because the beauty of being American is being born with certain inalienable rights, you are practically telling the people of Texas to give up these rights and "come up" with new ones? or am I mistaken?

Joqui
by Joqui on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM

yep.. it's going to be like a zombie apocalypse out there.. heeey! can i move in with you?!

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Well they better come up with a military quick before some country invades and make them their b****. 

Quoting Joqui:

mustbeGRACE
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Not only is your president not legitimate,  most of the government is corrupt.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Not only is your president not legitimate,  most of the government is corrupt.

Do you live in TX?  Are you planning on moving there if not?

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM

LOL!  good

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting Joqui:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
9 moms liked this
Texas will be taken back by Mexico if they did. That would kind of make me laugh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured