Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

holy crap ill admit i didnt think it was real but

I'm reading a story on aol right now that tx has qualified to secession. I'll admit I did not think it would happen and this would all fizzle out but now I'm not so sure.... Holy hell man and my state wants to secession to!!! Tx has over 81000 signatures!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
blackcat1o2
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I swear this happens after every election that doesn't go their way...

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I'm with you. I think my fellow okies are spewing the same rhetoric. Do people actually think this will work?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Peronsally, I think the ones spewing their dumb shit should get the f out.

As far as payment goes..........That's how I pay my husband so it would be like normalcy to me. lol

SmileyCentral.com

Quoting ashellbell:

I think those against it would get the eff out if this mega shit storm came into play. You can always come live with me....you'd have to pay me in sex though.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting ashellbell:

Texas will be taken back by Mexico if they did. That would kind of make me laugh.

It wouldn't be funny to those who are against it.

It won't happen though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM

They have not qualified for session. A group of people have managed to get enough signatures on a petition submitted to the white house to garner a response from the White House.  

I personally wouldn't be surprised if that response went a little something like this....

leanntx
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Actually, Texas already has their own military.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Well they better come up with a military quick before some country invades and make them their b****. 

Quoting Joqui:

ok ... hypothetically speaking... if Texas manages to leave the union... would they lose all American rights? would they have to start over and start their own constitution? I do believe they are economically able to maintain themselves BUT we depend on a lot of federal money for schools, roads TOLL ROADS, safety, etc. I don't think these people are thinking about it all the way through I just would like to know their theory. If you secede, now what? What "RIGHTS" do you have? Because the beauty of being American is being born with certain inalienable rights, you are practically telling the people of Texas to give up these rights and "come up" with new ones? or am I mistaken?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaylyn318
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I like pancakes.

Quoting Joqui:

excuse my ignorance but your opinion on the subject at hand has completely gone over my head.  Do you think Texas should secede or no?

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Not only is your president not legitimate,  most of the government is corrupt.

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We should start a petition on the White House page asking Obama to weigh in on a plan to adopt an official American breakfast. 

Quoting Shaylyn318:

I like pancakes.

Quoting Joqui:

excuse my ignorance but your opinion on the subject at hand has completely gone over my head.  Do you think Texas should secede or no?

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM

They probably already have a state constitution to build off of but as the 9th highest recipient of federal funding they would have to do a bit of scrambling to make up for the billions they would lose in federal assistance.  

They probably  would also be able to keep their national guard troops but more than likely the Federal military bases would be closed as would the border security.  

IMO, if these states were to secede the citizens should be given a chance to stay in the US and if they opt out and go with Texas they should lose their rights as citizens and any attempt to get them back would require the meet the same requirements of any immigrant coming to the US.  

Quoting Joqui:

ok ... hypothetically speaking... if Texas manages to leave the union... would they lose all American rights? would they have to start over and start their own constitution? I do believe they are economically able to maintain themselves BUT we depend on a lot of federal money for schools, roads TOLL ROADS, safety, etc. I don't think these people are thinking about it all the way through I just would like to know their theory. If you secede, now what? What "RIGHTS" do you have? Because the beauty of being American is being born with certain inalienable rights, you are practically telling the people of Texas to give up these rights and "come up" with new ones? or am I mistaken?

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM

You apparently don't live in TX.  You must be ignorant to the terrible issues we have with illegals and protecting the borders.  Take away the US government support and Texas is on its own.  It wouldn't take much for Mexico to infiltrate Texas and take over from within.

Quoting Radarma:

Mexico would take back Tx?

That is one of the most naive things I have read here on good ol Cafemom.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM

banging head into wall  Your President?  What country do you reside in?

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Except for all the rednecks that wouldn't let it happen.

Without having the feds to punish you, if this state was on their own, they would just set up guard towers and allow the people crossing to be shot.   We all know it.

Quoting specialwingz:

You apparently don't live in TX.  You must be ignorant to the terrible issues we have with illegals and protecting the borders.  Take away the US government support and Texas is on its own.  It wouldn't take much for Mexico to infiltrate Texas and take over from within.

Quoting Radarma:

Mexico would take back Tx?

That is one of the most naive things I have read here on good ol Cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)