Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

holy crap ill admit i didnt think it was real but

I'm reading a story on aol right now that tx has qualified to secession. I'll admit I did not think it would happen and this would all fizzle out but now I'm not so sure.... Holy hell man and my state wants to secession to!!! Tx has over 81000 signatures!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

lol pro - it would be easier to go on vacation to Mexico, Con I really like some parts of Texas. 

Quoting ashellbell:

Texas will be taken back by Mexico if they did. That would kind of make me laugh.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM
You think Mexico doesn't have their version of 'rednecks' with guns? They do. It's called the cartel.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Except for all the rednecks that wouldn't let it happen.

Without having the feds to punish you, if this state was on their own, they would just set up guard towers and allow the people crossing to be shot.   We all know it.

Quoting specialwingz:

You apparently don't live in TX.  You must be ignorant to the terrible issues we have with illegals and protecting the borders.  Take away the US government support and Texas is on its own.  It wouldn't take much for Mexico to infiltrate Texas and take over from within.

Quoting Radarma:

Mexico would take back Tx?

That is one of the most naive things I have read here on good ol Cafemom.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Flashbacks to the old "cowboy & indian" days...runs screaming.  But, as I said, after the people who don't want this leave to go elsewhere in the US, TX will not have enough people to guard the borders.  We all know it.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Without having the feds to punish you, if this state was on their own, they would just set up guard towers and allow the people crossing to be shot.   We all know it.

Quoting specialwingz:

You apparently don't live in TX.  You must be ignorant to the terrible issues we have with illegals and protecting the borders.  Take away the US government support and Texas is on its own.  It wouldn't take much for Mexico to infiltrate Texas and take over from within.

Quoting Radarma:

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM

The people who leave wouldn't be the kind of people that would be willing to defend the border that way.    However, there are plenty who would stay and plenty who would show up to have a less involved central government.

Quoting specialwingz:

Flashbacks to the old "cowboy & indian" days...runs screaming.  But, as I said, after the people who don't want this leave to go elsewhere in the US, TX will not have enough people to guard the borders.  We all know it.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Radarma:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
They say history repeats itself....anyone ready for a shootout at the Alamo again?

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Radarma:

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Because it worked so well before, right?

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

The people who leave wouldn't be the kind of people that would be willing to defend the border that way.    However, there are plenty who would stay and plenty who would show up to have a less involved central government.

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Radarma:

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Texas has always been full of sobbin' babies. I would rather they leave and let the rest of us texans remain loving being a damn american. I'm tired of the crying, you that pissed that you want to no longer be apart of the states, gtfo. Problem solved.
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Against Mexico?   Yes, it did work well.

Quoting specialwingz:

Because it worked so well before, right?

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Radarma:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Get ready to start laughing. There are now petitions from all 50 states. Seven states have over 25,000 signatures.

Petitions from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas residents have accrued at least 25,000 signatures, the number the Obama administration says it will reward with a staff review of online proposals.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/#ixzz2CDtgoHkD

Quoting junebaby11:

Im going to laugh if more states do this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

they are Federalis

Quoting ashellbell:

You think Mexico doesn't have their version of 'rednecks' with guns? They do. It's called the cartel.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Radarma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)