Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

holy crap ill admit i didnt think it was real but

I'm reading a story on aol right now that tx has qualified to secession. I'll admit I did not think it would happen and this would all fizzle out but now I'm not so sure.... Holy hell man and my state wants to secession to!!! Tx has over 81000 signatures!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (91-100):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM

So do I and have my entire life! Well look at that you learn something new every day, my apologizes! Wow we need to start reeducating some people..LOL

Quoting LauraKW:

It is a common misconception that such language exists in the TX Constitution. Additionally, the US Constitution supersedes state Constitutions. I live in Texas.

Quoting pamelax3:

OK! Not every Texan wants to leave the union, but the actual land that is Texas is not owned by the Federal Government! Actually if I am remembering correctly I will have to check, but Texas can legally secede under the Texas constitution.

Quoting LauraKW:

If people want to leave the union of which TX is a part then the people are free to leave and take the title of Texas with you. But the actual land that is TX will remain part of the union as it is unconstitutional for the state to secede. As in the United States of America will not yield the land and its resources to become part of another country.

Quoting pamelax3:

Take it where? If this by some long shot went thru that Texas seceded what land are you talking about the we can not keep?

Quoting LauraKW:

Are they going to pick it up and take it with them?

Quoting pamelax3:

What land are you talking about? Most land is owned by private citizens?

Quoting LauraKW:

Feel free to leave the union, folks, but you're not taking the land.Well, maybe a strip by the Rio Grande so Mexico won't have to go far to annex you.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM

so are you posting from Canada, Grace, or from Australia?   or from the libertarian paradise of Somalia? 
how do you figure the man who won both the electoral college and the popular vote is not legitimate?

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Not only is your president not legitimate,  most of the government is corrupt.

Fushithedruid
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

its over 99k now, i just read an article on yahoo that all 50 states have petitioned but not supported by their governers'.we'll see what the current admin says and does. i don't think they'll let any state succeed but it'll be interesting to see what the Obama admin says. hopefully we get a decent response

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quoting Fushithedruid:

its over 99k now, i just read an article on yahoo that all 50 states have petitioned but not supported by their governers'.we'll see what the current admin says and does. i don't think they'll let any state succeed but it'll be interesting to see what the Obama admin says. hopefully we get a decent response

I think anyone who has signed those petitions will now be seen as a "threat to gov't" and with all the new laws, who knows, they could even end up being charged with something. I would not want my name on those petitions, even if i did support the cause.
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM

double negatives suck. but i would expect nothing less from the likes of you.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Not only is your president not legitimate,  most of the government is corrupt.

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I think the White House is quite willing to let all states "succeed".  Secession is probably out of the question, especially when such a small number of the population is actually supporting these petitions.  

Quoting Fushithedruid:

zildjans_mom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Clicky?

Quoting DSamuels:

Get ready to start laughing. There are now petitions from all 50 states. Seven states have over 25,000 signatures.

Petitions from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas residents have accrued at least 25,000 signatures, the number the Obama administration says it will reward with a staff review of online proposals.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/#ixzz2CDtgoHkD

Quoting junebaby11:

Im going to laugh if more states do this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

No they have not. They have enough whackjobs signatures in order for it to be seen.Most Texans love their country enough to endure the idiots in Washington. We can wait them out.

TerriAnne2606
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM

You have so wrong.  Texas has most of the military bases in the country, Texans owns guns, Texas already has a constitution and was it's own country before we joined the USofA.  And, there are over 100k signatures on the thing now. 

We won't secede - but if we do - watch out - we may just take over the rest of the country cause we so damn awesome!

Redwall
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Good for Texas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)