Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama dares McCain: Go after Susan Rice and ‘you’ve got a problem with me’

Posted by   + Show Post

President Barack Obama on Wednesday lashed out at Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) for their “outrageous” attacks on U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice “because they think she’s an easy target” and dared them to “go after me” instead.

During a press conference on Wednesday, ABC’s Jonathan Karl noted that McCain and Graham had threatened to block Rice if she was nominated to be secretary of state because she repeated an incorrect CIA judgement that September the attacks in Benghazi that killed four Americans had been a reaction to an anti-Muslim video.

“Let me say specifically about Susan Rice, she has done exemplary work,” the president insisted. “If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me. And I’m happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador who had nothing to do with Benghazi and was simply making a presentation based on intelligence that she had received and to besmirch her reputation is outrageous.”

Obama said he would not argue that Congress had a duty to get to the bottom of the attacks, “but when they go after the U.N. ambassador apparently because they think she’s an easy target then they’ve got a problem with me.”

“And should I choose if I think she should be the best person to serve America in the capacity of the State Department then I will nominate her. That’s not a determination that I’ve made yet.”

Watch this video from CNN, broadcast Nov. 14, 2012.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1tsgH)
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The point is pretty obvious.

Quoting shimamab:

That was exactly my point to which she responded by accusing me of missing the point.

Quoting trippyhippy:

You act like he punched him or something. lol  Anyway, that same old man you are worrying about you thought was strong enough to be the leader of tge free world 4 years ago.  Now he can't handle Obama saying come after me instead?

Quoting candlegal:

oh my, he is such a manly man, daring to go after a 76 year old war hero

shimamab
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I thought so...

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting shimamab:

That was exactly my point to which she responded by accusing me of missing the point.

Quoting trippyhippy:

You act like he punched him or something. lol  Anyway, that same old man you are worrying about you thought was strong enough to be the leader of tge free world 4 years ago.  Now he can't handle Obama saying come after me instead?

Quoting candlegal:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

what does General Allen have to do with Benghazi? 

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Crazy how another general is being accused of a sex related issue that just so happens to be involved with Benghazi. Ahahaha....talk about timing! **Waiting patiently for everything to unfold**

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM
4 moms liked this

true, but when she wears a hat you can hardly tell it's there. : )

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting candlegal:

_Kissy_
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM
5 moms liked this
He did back in 08, and he won.

Quoting candlegal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she talking about Graham. 

Quoting candlegal:

make no mistake, McCain can take it.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Don't forget he's also taking an effete, yet over aggressive southern boy with no extra room in the closet for skeletons because that's where he seems to spend all of his time.
One day, he'll come out...yeah, right.

If people don't want responses to their attacks/statements, then they shouldn't be in federal level American politics. If they are well enough to sling it, they are well enough to get it splattered on them too

Quoting candlegal:

lga1965
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Oh snap!
good one!!!

Quoting autodidact:

true, but when she wears a hat you can hardly tell it's there. : )

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting shimamab:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting candlegal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, he has been too nice.
They both have no clue and they get away with too much. Typical Republicans. And to think I used to vote Republican.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Finally Obama got firm with McCain and Graham.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

As if Obama saying that would sway McCain one way or the other.  McCain would probably say "bring it on".

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

hi, nice to meet you. i tend to be the rude one here, you just haven't stuck around long enough

Quoting SwarovskiGirl:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

You've been a member for all of half a day, and you've already been warned?

Suuuuure.  Bye!

Quoting SwarovskiGirl:

Quoting lga1965:

Don't go.....you contribute some good stuff, good replies. Don't let some of them drive you away okay?

Quoting SwarovskiGirl:

Exits group saying to self...."they were right about the mom's here"

Bye.

Thanks....but I don't want to be influenced too much and then become jaded. Maybe I will come back after I spend some time in more positive groups. :)

Actually yes but on FB....and you so far have been the rudest one I've come across.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN