Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Holly Petraeus: How Much Did She Owe It To Her Husband to Keep Herself Up?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 188 Replies

Not to be cruel, but Holly Petraeus looks like a 50-something Peppermint Patty. Does that mean she deserved to be cheated on?

Author : Christelyn Karazin

Author's Website | Articles from

I know some of the ladies will bristle when they read this title, but hear me out before you go ballistic. There’s some very real (and uncomfortable) truths that we see being played out in this David Patraeus sex scandal. Take a look at the woman who allegedly engaged in the affair.

Paula Broadwell. I bet I know what this broad does well. ;-)

Now, look at Holly Petraeus.

Sorry Holly, you look like you could be Paula Broadwell’s grandma.

And then let’s look at the alleged other, OTHER woman.

Jill Kelley

What can we glean from the pictures of the two alleged mistresses?

David Petraeus likes his ladies to have toned arms.
David Petraeus is not a fan of women with gray hair.
David Petraeus likes his women to wear make-up.
David Petraeus likes his women to have a waistline.

Do these apparent truths absolve General Petraeus of being a Class A douche bag? No. But this is a prime example of the obvious differences of the female and the male mind. I’m sure Holly Petraeus thought it enough that she remained a faithful and dutiful wife, bearing David’s children and being a steadfast supporter of his work. Not to mention that Mrs. Petraeus has her own set of credentials, I’m sure. But the hard truth of it is, Holly Petraeus looks like a 50-something Peppermint Patty.

I wonder if David calls her, “Sir.” Just a question.

I know I sound cruel, and the feminist side of me is punching me dead in the nose for daring to state the obvious. But the practical side of me says, “Hey, it ain’t fair, but men are visual creatures and they like their women to LOOK like women!!” Truth: Holly, if she so chose, could easily improve herself in the looks department.  A little hair dye, a date with a gal at the MAC makeup counter, a gym membership and a girdle can do wonders. But would that have stopped General Petreaus from cheating and being a total a-hole? Probably not. But I guarantee there would be a lot more outrage from the public, wondering why he would stray when he had such a hot wife in his bed every night. Just saying.

Here’s a picture of a young Holly and David. David still looks like the the same dork he is. Holly is pretty as a daisy.

Someone PLEASE tell me I’m wrong. I WANT to be wrong. I really, really do.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/holly-petraeus-owe-husband-up/#lf_comment=43749630

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM
6 moms liked this

lol @ Peppermint Patty!

sneffy014
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM
20 moms liked this

She owes it to HERSELF to look and feel her best. As far as her husbands cheating, he is solely responsible for his actions. If he was no longer attracted to her, then it was up to him to end the marriage before humiliating her in this way. Men may be visual creatures, so let them LOOK. However, he took it further and broke their marriage vows when he strayed. Shame on him. When two people enter into a marriage, they make a conscious choice to remain faithful to each other. People age, gain weight, get sick, etc. If two people love each other, they will work through it.  

blues_pagan
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:37 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't know.  I can see both sides.  One side says if he wasn't attracted to her then he should man up and ended it.  The other side though tells me that she also needed to at least try.  She just looks like she went straight from pretty young woman, to mom, to frumpy grandma.  

krysstizzle
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM
33 moms liked this

This article makes me feel like an asshole for just reading it. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM
19 moms liked this

just when I think CM can't get any more repugnant or misogynist, this crap gets posted. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM
25 moms liked this
What complete and utter bullshit

Women are always to blame for their hubbys fucking some home wrecking whore

Nope. General looks like a fool and he ain't no god damn prize himself

If my husband cheated on me with a whore the frying pan would hit him no matter what dumbass's reason he tried to push on me.

Why did tiger cheat on his wife? Why did Halle berry get cheated on..a lot?

Another example of treating men as of they are so dumb and weak and just cannot be trusted unless catered too in every way

Bull shit

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM
[quote name="autodidact" id="0"]

just when I think CM can't get any more repugnant or misogynist, this crap gets posted. 

[/quot

It's freaking unreal ..I can't decide if their opinion is lower of men or women
HA!  Thanks to www.bartcop.com where I found this!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM
8 moms liked this

Beautiful women everywhere get cheated on....

lga1965
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I am torn. He was wrong to cheat. There's no excuse. I think Paula Broadwell is a manipulative ambitious predator and Petraeus was sucked in, fell for it...he was weak.

However ..... just for my
own well being, I would not let myself look like a frumpy
grandma.......which is what Holly looks like. Seriously ....
But, as I said ....he is a crappy cheater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM
14 moms liked this
While affairs rarely occur in a vaccum, I shudder at the thought that her appearance led him astray. We ALL, every single one of us, man and women, loose our sex appeal and beauty of youth. That is a fact. Long term attraction that allows a marriage to stand the test of time must be based on more than physical appearance.

If the reason he cheated is her appearance (for the record, I doubt it is) he is not worth keeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)