Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Holly Petraeus: How Much Did She Owe It To Her Husband to Keep Herself Up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Not to be cruel, but Holly Petraeus looks like a 50-something Peppermint Patty. Does that mean she deserved to be cheated on?

Author : Christelyn Karazin

Author's Website | Articles from

I know some of the ladies will bristle when they read this title, but hear me out before you go ballistic. There’s some very real (and uncomfortable) truths that we see being played out in this David Patraeus sex scandal. Take a look at the woman who allegedly engaged in the affair.

Paula Broadwell. I bet I know what this broad does well. ;-)

Now, look at Holly Petraeus.

Sorry Holly, you look like you could be Paula Broadwell’s grandma.

And then let’s look at the alleged other, OTHER woman.

Jill Kelley

What can we glean from the pictures of the two alleged mistresses?

David Petraeus likes his ladies to have toned arms.
David Petraeus is not a fan of women with gray hair.
David Petraeus likes his women to wear make-up.
David Petraeus likes his women to have a waistline.

Do these apparent truths absolve General Petraeus of being a Class A douche bag? No. But this is a prime example of the obvious differences of the female and the male mind. I’m sure Holly Petraeus thought it enough that she remained a faithful and dutiful wife, bearing David’s children and being a steadfast supporter of his work. Not to mention that Mrs. Petraeus has her own set of credentials, I’m sure. But the hard truth of it is, Holly Petraeus looks like a 50-something Peppermint Patty.

I wonder if David calls her, “Sir.” Just a question.

I know I sound cruel, and the feminist side of me is punching me dead in the nose for daring to state the obvious. But the practical side of me says, “Hey, it ain’t fair, but men are visual creatures and they like their women to LOOK like women!!” Truth: Holly, if she so chose, could easily improve herself in the looks department.  A little hair dye, a date with a gal at the MAC makeup counter, a gym membership and a girdle can do wonders. But would that have stopped General Petreaus from cheating and being a total a-hole? Probably not. But I guarantee there would be a lot more outrage from the public, wondering why he would stray when he had such a hot wife in his bed every night. Just saying.

Here’s a picture of a young Holly and David. David still looks like the the same dork he is. Holly is pretty as a daisy.

Someone PLEASE tell me I’m wrong. I WANT to be wrong. I really, really do.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/holly-petraeus-owe-husband-up/#lf_comment=43749630

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (181-188):
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM

No one said he was right but letting herself go is partly her fault as well. Who would be attracted to someone that looks like grandma when grandpa is still in good shape. 2nd.. Divorce for someone married that long isn't a cheap financial situation. He'd likely have to pay her alimony forever and not at a minimal amount. 3rd.. I'm sure he never expected this to come to light and he did have a reputation to consider that he obviously didn't consider during his affair but a divorce would have brought alot of dirty laundry to light. 4th.. He may love her but not lust after her anymore so a divorce wasn't really his goal and for all you know, she likely knew about some affairs but turned her head like the wife of the couple I know. They live a good life and don't want to change anything about it but will look the other way while the husband has affairs. Her anger may simply be because she's angry it came out.. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. She knew he hung out with these women. You see her in the pics with them as well. 

How a woman looks does contribute to her share of the blame in a situation. Too many women let themselves go and expect their husband's to still lust after them as when he first met her where he was likely physically interested in her BUT she no longer looks like that. No sense what so ever. That doesn't mean he stops loving her but if he can't get that big boy up anymore, something's likely to be wrong in a marriage unless she's no longer interested in sex herself. Then, consider divorce or expect possible infidelity. That's the reality of life. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

If he's not happy then he should have left the relationship before going after other women.  Letting yourself go shouldn't be an excuse for a spouse to enter into extramarital affairs.  His wife is not to blame for his actions.

Quoting GOBryan:

Just because a man marries a woman doesn't mean it's ok to let herself go and vice versa. Yes, he may be a dork but he's still in pretty good shape while she looks like an old fashion grandmother. 

It's important that if you want to keep your husband's interest over the years, you take care of yourself. That's all there is to it. Love can go far but love and lust are two separate matters entirely. 

I'm 45, soon 46 and I'm told I look better than many 26 year olds so therefore, age is not a factor, especially when you have money like I'm sure the Petraeus's have. There's NO reason Holly could atleast die her hair and change that homely looking hairstyle and have lasik surgery to get rid of those god awful glasses she wears. Go out and get some decent looking modern outfits. She looks like a damn nun.. would your husband want to do a nun?? 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

How a woman looks does not give the man a right to stray from his marriage.  If a man truly loves his wife, he won't disrespect his relationship, regardless if he can "get it up" or not.  Again, he should have ended his marriage before going after others.

Quoting GOBryan:

No one said he was right but letting herself go is partly her fault as well. Who would be attracted to someone that looks like grandma when grandpa is still in good shape. 2nd.. Divorce for someone married that long isn't a cheap financial situation. He'd likely have to pay her alimony forever and not at a minimal amount. 3rd.. I'm sure he never expected this to come to light and he did have a reputation to consider that he obviously didn't consider during his affair but a divorce would have brought alot of dirty laundry to light. 4th.. He may love her but not lust after her anymore so a divorce wasn't really his goal and for all you know, she likely knew about some affairs but turned her head like the wife of the couple I know. They live a good life and don't want to change anything about it but will look the other way while the husband has affairs. Her anger may simply be because she's angry it came out.. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. She knew he hung out with these women. You see her in the pics with them as well. 

How a woman looks does contribute to her share of the blame in a situation. Too many women let themselves go and expect their husband's to still lust after them as when he first met her where he was likely physically interested in her BUT she no longer looks like that. No sense what so ever. That doesn't mean he stops loving her but if he can't get that big boy up anymore, something's likely to be wrong in a marriage unless she's no longer interested in sex herself. Then, consider divorce or expect possible infidelity. That's the reality of life. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

If he's not happy then he should have left the relationship before going after other women.  Letting yourself go shouldn't be an excuse for a spouse to enter into extramarital affairs.  His wife is not to blame for his actions.

Quoting GOBryan:

Just because a man marries a woman doesn't mean it's ok to let herself go and vice versa. Yes, he may be a dork but he's still in pretty good shape while she looks like an old fashion grandmother. 

It's important that if you want to keep your husband's interest over the years, you take care of yourself. That's all there is to it. Love can go far but love and lust are two separate matters entirely. 

I'm 45, soon 46 and I'm told I look better than many 26 year olds so therefore, age is not a factor, especially when you have money like I'm sure the Petraeus's have. There's NO reason Holly could atleast die her hair and change that homely looking hairstyle and have lasik surgery to get rid of those god awful glasses she wears. Go out and get some decent looking modern outfits. She looks like a damn nun.. would your husband want to do a nun?? 

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

AGAIN..NO IT DOES NOT give a man a right BUT it does contribute. You are correct BUT that's not reality. That's dreamland called "In the perfect world." 

So if a woman cares about her relationship, she should attempt to keep herself looking attractive. Takes two to tango and it works both ways. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

How a woman looks does not give the man a right to stray from his marriage.  If a man truly loves his wife, he won't disrespect his relationship, regardless if he can "get it up" or not.  Again, he should have ended his marriage before going after others.

Quoting GOBryan:

viv212
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Yup, it sure does!

And the note to his SO will read something like "something special for you, I love you". The note to the chick on the side will read "can't wait to see your sexy ass in this!"

It's probably a matter of confidence and a level of freakiness they want in the bedroom. You can't make a ho a housewife, and yet they want to settle down with a committed, good woman.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Shut the fuck up. That shit doesn't happen, you're lying.

Quoting viv212:

Ugh I wonder how these 2 younger attractive women are making Holly feel. These cannot be the only 2; they're only the 2 he got caught on.

Secondly, I wonder if Holly deep down knew that her husband was a cheater.

Last, I work for a lingerie company. You would be surprised with how many men order size small for their wife, and place another order in plus size shipping to a different woman. Looks don't matter with the cheaters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Quoting GOBryan:

lol

but if he can't get that big boy up anymore,

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I worked in retail sales (including lingerie) for many years.  You'd be surprised at how true Viv212 statement is.  There is a certain type of woman for every man and I have seen the finest of fine men come in and want something for a plus size girl over any size 2.  I've put those guys in the "butt and thigh" category.  There are just some men out there you love a big, juicy girl.

This situation goes in reverse as well.  There are many women who gained weight, then became workoutaholics in order to loose it.  They got obsessed and became so skinny they lost what their hubby's were attracted to in the first place......the curves.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting viv212:

Ugh I wonder how these 2 younger attractive women are making Holly feel. These cannot be the only 2; they're only the 2 he got caught on.

Last, I work for a lingerie company. You would be surprised with how many men order size small for their wife, and place another order in plus size shipping to a different woman. Looks don't matter with the cheaters.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I beg to differ. You can be a ho in the bedroom and a committed good woman. 

Thing is that the typical man wants both and most women are either one or the other. There are some men like my ex-boss who just sees his wife as his children's mother and nothing else though. 

Quoting viv212:

Lol! Yup, it sure does!

And the note to his SO will read something like "something special for you, I love you". The note to the chick on the side will read "can't wait to see your sexy ass in this!"

It's probably a matter of confidence and a level of freakiness they want in the bedroom. You can't make a ho a housewife, and yet they want to settle down with a committed, good woman.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Quoting viv212:

Lol! Yup, it sure does!

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting viv212:

I believe it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN