Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Moms Behind Bars: "After prison, I was reunited with my baby."

Posted by   + Show Post

Angelina was in prison for drug use and raising her baby in the prison nursery. After an accident in the nursery separated her from her son for several months, she was thrilled to be reunited with him through a charity that helps women transition after leaving the criminal justice system.

Do you think all moms should have this kind of support after they're released from prison?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I am all for programs such as this, for every one, who is not a danger to their children, to society.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM
It would probably reduce hopelessness and therefore recidivism.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I think all moms should lead a healthy, honest lives so they DON'T END UP IN PRISON?
good grief.
Moms in prison ......ridiculously outrageously wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Bump to watch later

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM

bump.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM
They have been doing it that way for centuries and it isn't working. It's all well and good to say that you should have never gotten in trouble in the first place doesn't do much when they at already pregnant and in prison. There could be a way for these women to bond with their infants and assist in their care and get the tools to stay out of jail. The possible promise of maybe seeing the toddler that you last held as a newborn who was taken away before you were transferred to recuperate at the prison infirmary is nothing near as concrete to knowing your child from birth SMS being able to plan a real life together. It beats hooking that you both somehow best all if the odds and road blocks that block a parent from reentering their child's life I'm a healthy way upon release.

Quoting lga1965:

I think all moms should lead a healthy, honest lives so they DON'T END UP IN PRISON?

good grief.

Moms in prison ......ridiculously outrageously wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I am all for it especially since the mom in the video clip was advancing and making improvements in the right direction.

sara_3388
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM

What a wonderful program!

madimama22
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM

yes because everyone deserves a second chance.

noahscott
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I think its an amazing program!! If these mother's can overcome whatever to make a better life for their children and keep those children out of foster care.. its just awesome! i hope its successful and i hope those mothers can grow up and do what they have to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)