Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A Father's Anguish

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  • 174 Replies

Jihad Misharawi, a BBC Arabic correspondent who lives in Gaza, tragically became part of the story he's been covering on Wednesday, when an Israeli airstrike killed his 11-month-old son.

A chilling photo showing Misharawi carrying his son's body through al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City was published by the Associated Press and printed on the front page of Thursday's Washington Post.

According to Paul Danahar, the BBC's Middle East bureau chief, Misharawi's sister-in-law was also killed in the the airstrike that hit his home in Gaza. Misharawi's brother was also seriously wounded, Danahar said.

"This is a particularly difficult moment for the whole bureau in Gaza," BBC World editor Jon Williams wrote in a memo to colleagues. "We're fortunate to have such a committed and courageous team there. It's a sobering reminder of the challenges facing many of our colleagues."

At least 10 Palestinians, including Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari, were killed during the Israeli airstrikes on Wednesday, Palestinians officials said.

Israel launched the operation in response to successive days of rocket fire coming out of Gaza. Hamas, meanwhile, warned Jabari's assassination "had opened the gates of hell."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gaza-baby-killed-photo-163958315.html

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That photo is excruciating!

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM
This hurts my heart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nb34
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

So sad. My heart breaks for him and his family. Senseless violence. When are Israelis going to be happy with however much land they have taken forcefully and leave the rest of Palestinians alone? When? I guess the answer is never, since they have the backing of the US and Europe for their continued atrocities they commit against Palestinians.

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nb34:

So sad. My heart breaks for him and his family. Senseless violence. When are Israelis going to be happy with however much land they have taken forcefully and leave the rest of Palestinians alone? When? I guess the answer is never, since they have the backing of the US and Europe for their continued atrocities they commit against Palestinians.

Well about the best we can hope for is that Egypt will shed it's Zionist colors and fuck israel up now that the Brotherhood is in power.

Click to join

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM

WOW! That makes my heart break

jlo1313
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I just sunk a little, how horrible and heartbreaking.

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM
4 moms liked this

How sad ... I'm sure you could find similiar pics from Israel though, no?

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Quoting desertlvn:

That photo is excruciating!

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quoting pansyprincess:

How sad ... I'm sure you could find similiar pics from Israel though, no?

They shouldn't be there occupying and then they wouldn't have to  worry about it.

Click to join

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM

That pic is crushing.

That poor man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN