Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jihad Misharawi, a BBC Arabic correspondent who lives in Gaza, tragically became part of the story he's been covering on Wednesday, when an Israeli airstrike killed his 11-month-old son.

A chilling photo showing Misharawi carrying his son's body through al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City was published by the Associated Press and printed on the front page of Thursday's Washington Post.

According to Paul Danahar, the BBC's Middle East bureau chief, Misharawi's sister-in-law was also killed in the the airstrike that hit his home in Gaza. Misharawi's brother was also seriously wounded, Danahar said.

"This is a particularly difficult moment for the whole bureau in Gaza," BBC World editor Jon Williams wrote in a memo to colleagues. "We're fortunate to have such a committed and courageous team there. It's a sobering reminder of the challenges facing many of our colleagues."

At least 10 Palestinians, including Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari, were killed during the Israeli airstrikes on Wednesday, Palestinians officials said.

Israel launched the operation in response to successive days of rocket fire coming out of Gaza. Hamas, meanwhile, warned Jabari's assassination "had opened the gates of hell."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gaza-baby-killed-photo-163958315.html

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (171-174):
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I support Israel and an NOT ashamed to say it.  However, I do not and will not advocate and support the  murder and violence going on between the both sides. 

fliptopz4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting mnmomusa:

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think she looks at it as war and she is supporting one side of the conflict.  Most of us accept the loss of innocent lives when we believe we're at war and our side is right. 

I don't think most people accept innocent CHILDREN to be killed.  on either side....Really?  Who accepts that?

We have. As a country. The US has killed plenty of innocent children with it's military. That's why I asked how many Muslimah's husband personally knew that were killed. When you're at war, people die. Muslimah can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she looks at what is going on over there as war. People fighting for their homes and their lives. 

I don't consider it to be a war. You need 2  or more militarys for it to be a war and Palestine has no military. I look at it for what it is, an occupation which is worse than a war. At least with a war you have a chance. With occupation there is no chance.

And you are right about my husband. Abdul has fought in 2 wars Iraq/Iran and against the Americans in Desert Storm and he has seen countless children and adults including family members slaughtered.

If your husband fought against America in 2 wars  I would like to know :

1 Why are you in America?

2 How did you get here?

Karen2313
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:08 PM

So heartbreaking.

muslimah
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting mnmomusa:

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think she looks at it as war and she is supporting one side of the conflict.  Most of us accept the loss of innocent lives when we believe we're at war and our side is right. 

I don't think most people accept innocent CHILDREN to be killed.  on either side....Really?  Who accepts that?

We have. As a country. The US has killed plenty of innocent children with it's military. That's why I asked how many Muslimah's husband personally knew that were killed. When you're at war, people die. Muslimah can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she looks at what is going on over there as war. People fighting for their homes and their lives. 

I don't consider it to be a war. You need 2  or more militarys for it to be a war and Palestine has no military. I look at it for what it is, an occupation which is worse than a war. At least with a war you have a chance. With occupation there is no chance.

And you are right about my husband. Abdul has fought in 2 wars Iraq/Iran and against the Americans in Desert Storm and he has seen countless children and adults including family members slaughtered.

If your husband fought against America in 2 wars  I would like to know :

1 Why are you in America?

2 How did you get here?

My parents brought me here when i was a child. My husband only fought one war against America and that was Desert Storm in the 90's. The other war he was in was Iraq/Iran. Under Saddam he had no choice but to fight in the war. It's either fight or be indefinitely imprisoned or die. When he surrendered he was taken to a refugee camp in Saudi for 2 years. The U.N. came in and brought him to the U.S.A. as a refugee 19 years ago.

Click to join

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)