Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jihad Misharawi, a BBC Arabic correspondent who lives in Gaza, tragically became part of the story he's been covering on Wednesday, when an Israeli airstrike killed his 11-month-old son.

A chilling photo showing Misharawi carrying his son's body through al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City was published by the Associated Press and printed on the front page of Thursday's Washington Post.

According to Paul Danahar, the BBC's Middle East bureau chief, Misharawi's sister-in-law was also killed in the the airstrike that hit his home in Gaza. Misharawi's brother was also seriously wounded, Danahar said.

"This is a particularly difficult moment for the whole bureau in Gaza," BBC World editor Jon Williams wrote in a memo to colleagues. "We're fortunate to have such a committed and courageous team there. It's a sobering reminder of the challenges facing many of our colleagues."

At least 10 Palestinians, including Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari, were killed during the Israeli airstrikes on Wednesday, Palestinians officials said.

Israel launched the operation in response to successive days of rocket fire coming out of Gaza. Hamas, meanwhile, warned Jabari's assassination "had opened the gates of hell."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gaza-baby-killed-photo-163958315.html

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Spoken like a true terrorist sympathizer!

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Got to love the peaceful Muslims hoping for more bloodshed....sicko!

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

So sad. My heart breaks for him and his family. Senseless violence. When are Israelis going to be happy with however much land they have taken forcefully and leave the rest of Palestinians alone? When? I guess the answer is never, since they have the backing of the US and Europe for their continued atrocities they commit against Palestinians.

Well about the best we can hope for is that Egypt will shed it's Zionist colors and fuck israel up now that the Brotherhood is in power.

It's not about religion it's political. That is where you appear to be uneducated.

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

So sad. My heart breaks for him and his family. Senseless violence. When are Israelis going to be happy with however much land they have taken forcefully and leave the rest of Palestinians alone? When? I guess the answer is never, since they have the backing of the US and Europe for their continued atrocities they commit against Palestinians.

Well about the best we can hope for is that Egypt will shed it's Zionist colors and fuck israel up now that the Brotherhood is in power.

It's not about religion it's political. That is where you appear to be uneducated.

Yep. How do you know I am not a terrorist myself lol?

Click to join

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Healthystart30:

Quoting muslimah:

Wtf does that mean? No parent deserves to have their children murdered!

Then they need to take their children and go back to whee they belong instead of occupying another's land.

So, the ones who hail from Libya should just what... go back and get murdered?

Or I know, how about ALL the people born there in the last 60 years should just... go back where?

And what about the Jews who were in Israel before it was a state? Or you know... whose family has lived there ALWAYS.

The real Semite Jews who were in Palestine before the occupation are where they belong. That is their home. These other blue eyed occupiers from Europe, the U.S., spain, etc. need to go home and give the Palestinians back their home with paid compensation for 64 years of pain and suffering.

Wonderful. It's not possible that the immigrants reproduced with the native Jews to produce blue eyed children. NOPE! Off with them! Ship 'em out.

I'll tell you what. Your argument surprisingly validates the stance agaisnt the Israelis. Maybe one day you'll realize it is hurting far more than helping.

Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I don't, nor do I care, you're no concern of mine, and likely no concern of anyone else either!

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

Yep. How do you know I am not a terrorist myself lol?

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Sounds like a terrible idea to me. If Egypt completely abandons the Camp David Peace Accords, Israel will lose it on Egypt & will go further toward Gaza.

I'm not suggesting Israel is right either now or overall. But who started the most recent conflict?

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM
So Israeli children should die for revenge?

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

fliptopz4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quoting Bookwormy:

Sounds like a terrible idea to me. If Egypt completely abandons the Camp David Peace Accords, Israel will lose it on Egypt & will go further toward Gaza.

I'm not suggesting Israel is right either now or overall. But who started the most recent conflict?

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

Israel launched the operation in response to successive days of rocket fire coming out of Gaza

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Hamas is furious that Israel killed a major Hamas leader. Israel did this after the rocket fire coming out of Gaza? Or did Israel kill the Hamas leader, Hamas retaliated, & now Israel clams its defending itself? Israel is now preparing for ground warfare w/Gaza. I'm just trying to put the timing of the killing of the Hamas leader into the timeline. If Israel did it first, this is 100% Israel's fault. If not, then that complicates things, though oppressed groups will use violence.

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

Israel launched the operation in response to successive days of rocket fire coming out of Gaza

fliptopz4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I seriouly doubt Isreal started this all they want is to be left alone. My understanding of it was the Hamas leader was kill when Isreal retaliated  because bombs were being lobbed at them from Gaza.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Hamas is furious that Israel killed a major Hamas leader. Israel did this after the rocket fire coming out of Gaza? Or did Israel kill the Hamas leader, Hamas retaliated, & now Israel clams its defending itself? Israel is now preparing for ground warfare w/Gaza. I'm just trying to put the timing of the killing of the Hamas leader into the timeline. If Israel did it first, this is 100% Israel's fault. If not, then that complicates things, though oppressed groups will use violence.

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I can't say which side of this I am on.  It is all so damn confusing.

But I can say that it is heartbreaking for any one to lose a child, loved one, friend, family member.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)