Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jihad Misharawi, a BBC Arabic correspondent who lives in Gaza, tragically became part of the story he's been covering on Wednesday, when an Israeli airstrike killed his 11-month-old son.

A chilling photo showing Misharawi carrying his son's body through al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City was published by the Associated Press and printed on the front page of Thursday's Washington Post.

According to Paul Danahar, the BBC's Middle East bureau chief, Misharawi's sister-in-law was also killed in the the airstrike that hit his home in Gaza. Misharawi's brother was also seriously wounded, Danahar said.

"This is a particularly difficult moment for the whole bureau in Gaza," BBC World editor Jon Williams wrote in a memo to colleagues. "We're fortunate to have such a committed and courageous team there. It's a sobering reminder of the challenges facing many of our colleagues."

At least 10 Palestinians, including Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari, were killed during the Israeli airstrikes on Wednesday, Palestinians officials said.

Israel launched the operation in response to successive days of rocket fire coming out of Gaza. Hamas, meanwhile, warned Jabari's assassination "had opened the gates of hell."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gaza-baby-killed-photo-163958315.html

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
Angie_O
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

very sad when the innocents are caught in the cross fire.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

i'm on no sides. the killing needs to stop

and muslimah, i am shocked. i cannot believe you condone the killing of children, when you are a mother yourself. i support your cause but i do not support that at all. have some sympathy

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

and muslimah, i am shocked. i cannot believe you condone the killing of children, when you are a mother yourself. i support your cause but i do not support that at all. have some sympathy

I am not a Zionist sympathizer. I am an extreme anti Zionist.

Click to join

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

no. you are human, just like me, just like anyone here. most of all you are a mother. and a mother should not think the death of a child is okay just because of who their parents are

i don't like dzyre or zilla or bird, but if their children were to be killed i couldn't sit there and say "well you should have done this, not that."

i would have sympathy. why can't you afford that much?

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

no. you are human, just like me, just like anyone here. most of all you are a mother. and a mother should not think the death of a child is okay just because of who their parents are

i don't like dzyre or zilla or bird, but if their children were to be killed i couldn't sit there and say "well you should have done this, not that."

When it comes to Zionism I can't afford anything but my strong hate for it.

Click to join

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

So let me point blank ask- Do you support the killing of Israeli killing to support the Palestinian cause, to end the Occupation of Palestine?

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

So let me point blank ask- Do you support the killing of Israeli killing to support the Palestinian cause, to end the Occupation of Palestine?

Yep. I support whatever it would take to end the occupation.

Click to join

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

For some reason there is a typo. I meant to ask- Do you support the killing of Israeli children to support the cause, to end the occupation of Palestine?

muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

For some reason there is a typo. I meant to ask- Do you support the killing of Israeli children to support the cause, to end the occupation of Palestine?

No I don'tsupportout right killing them.

Click to join

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

No I don'tsupportout right killing them.

So, when exactly IS it okay? When is it too far?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN